JinKuze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey all, so I've been thinking about a project revolving around you the player developing a guild of your own. I have a couple of questions as to how I should proceed to accomplish this.

• How do I go about having the player input a name for their guild?
  • Recruiting guild members and being able to send them on miscellaneous tasks that run on a timer. (i.e. mining, exploring, fishing, gathering, etc.)
  • Something like a Persona recruitment where you can only bring two guild members at a time to battle.
  • Spending resources to expand your guild, progressively making it larger. (i.e. increasing recruitment roster, upgrading blacksmiths/armorers/alchemists)

Literally anything that could lead me to the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) reserve an actor for the guild name (and never add that actor to the party), have the player use name input processing to select the guild name and place the text code for actor name whereever you want that name appear in the text windows.

2) a lot of eventing logic.

It has been done before, but you'll need a lot of variables and switches to store the actor status for gild members, and you need to be careful with your logic desing.

This will require quite a bit of experience with logic sequences, if you need to ask how to do that then you're missing that experience - and it is not something you can learn in a week. I suggest recruiting someone to help you.

3) no problem - you decide if an actor is added to the party by events, and you can simply check whatever conditions you want to set before adding the actor.

Or reduce the number of battlemembers to three with a plugin and use the formation screen to select which actor to get into battle.

4)  see 2, it's the same basics

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through those tutorials, especially the ones on eventing and on variables.

Last edited by a moderator:

JinKuze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see, thank you very much! I'll read through those tutorials and hopefully get a gist of how to proceed.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see, thank you very much! I'll read through those tutorials and hopefully get a gist of how to proceed.

That would be a waste of your time.

As I explained in that tutorial, you can't really learn from just reading them - that is too much for anyone.

You need to work through them to really learn what RM is about - and on average, working through all of them will take you a full month or so (depending on how much free time you reserve for this.

Especially when it comes to your points 2 and 4, there is no shortcut for gaining experience, and you need to work with the engine to gain experience, reading tutorials won't help you. Because if you only read tutorials, you can only copy what is described there - but designing the logic for your guild functions requires you to really know what you're doing, because that has no exact tutorial for everything.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.
Anyone had school furniture?
After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
Place Events Like Tiles Through Replacement, & Take Notes Free Form | RPG Maker News #41

the singularity is upon us:
1621133810311.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteTruffle