Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Some new screenshot's added (also be seen at the top post):

A tutorial on how to battle. One press battle system is a little bit hard to master, that's why.

A wild crystal ball appeared. Where did it came from? Why did it appeared out of nowhere? Why is it chosen Edwin as the user of his power?

3/4 of the main quest are already done since, as I said before, a short game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
New screenshots and a demo added. Also credits are added.

Please send me a feedback on the game play (the systems/scripts used) in the demo.

I know my story still stinks, so I'm still in the middle of the editing.

If you want to give me suggestion pr help (no super negative comments on story and graphics please), you can do it.

Also some information on side characters and enemies are added.

EDIT: The pictures are still to be added.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I decided to use RTPs in my side and enemy characters because of my tight schedule and lack of faces for enemies. Sorry about that.

FAQs, faces for characters now added. Also changed a screenshot.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll download and give it a shot and give you a full review. It may not be today but in the near future.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
To be honest, my story in the game is not good enough yet and I'm still in the middle of editing it.

I released the demo early for the gameplay feedback purposes.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Some impressions:

• Your towns are devoid of anything but shop keepers. I'm going to assume populating them is something you're putting off til later.
  • The battle controls are awkward. Assigning the Attack command to the Dash button instead of Confirm was a weird choice for one. Actually, the whole One Button thing turned me off totally because it's more 'push an arrow key then a button' affair. These small actions really just contradict the philosophy of a single press system so I'd think you're better off running with traditional menus.
  • I did like the Skill Equip thing though. Limiting a character's set of useable skills in battle to five is a welcome challenge.
  • Sometimes, opening the battle menu and then attempting to close it with the Cancel button crashes the game.
  • The writing so far needs some work. Some scenes are just too absurd and predictable to take seriously. Think about these situations and try to figure out what your natural reaction to these things might be.
  • As expected, you're working with stock characters common in the genre. That need not be a bad thing. If you can manage to make interactions and dialogue a little more organic, it may just work.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Some impressions:

• Your towns are devoid of anything but shop keepers. I'm going to assume populating them is something you're putting off til later.
  • The battle controls are awkward. Assigning the Attack command to the Dash button instead of Confirm was a weird choice for one. Actually, the whole One Button thing turned me off totally because it's more 'push an arrow key then a button' affair. These small actions really just contradict the philosophy of a single press system so I'd think you're better off running with traditional menus.
  • I did like the Skill Equip thing though. Limiting a character's set of useable skills in battle to five is a welcome challenge.
  • Sometimes, opening the battle menu and then attempting to close it with the Cancel button crashes the game.
  • My bad, I completely forgot to put NPCs that I only focused on maps and stories.
  • I purposely did this for the battle not just a common ATB SBS but also you can also choose when you will decide to act and you need to have a quick eyes and hands before the enemies will attack you. Just maybe, my script title is a little off. About the Dash Button instead of Confirm Button, I'll change that.
  • The skill equip is included in the One-Press. So if I remove the OP, the skill equip too. And thanks for the compliment on this. And yes, this is challenging, especially when both Sophie and Celia learned many spells.
  • Another bug of my script? Thanks for seeing that.

The writing so far needs some work. Some scenes are just too absurd to take seriously. Think about these situations and try to figure out what your natural reaction to these things might be.

For starters, if a magic rock materializes from out of nowhere and offers you the mysterious magical power needed to put down the bad guy that wiped your hometown out and possibly magically traumatized you for life, you don't just say 'Okay'. Your childhood friend ought to show a little more concern too. Also, when you're a badass mage that wiped an entire town out with just one curse, you don't turn tail and run just because the first spell you used didn't work. Aaaand, I don't think a captain that doesn't like having women in boats is going to change her mind about it just by someone asking them nicely. Your story so far have one too many moments like these when characters come to very important decisions in less than five seconds.

As expected, you're working with stock characters common in the genre. That need not be a bad thing. If you can manage to make interactions and dialogue a little more organic, it may just work.
Sorry for the storyline is a little off. I'll try to change these. But there some corrections I have to tell:

• The badass mage is not the one who destroy the town. I think, you see the mage as the Dark Master but it's not. That's why, I updated my post.
  • She's not the captain but she's just a rich princess and her boat came from her castle. Again, sorry that I did not add in the game that the red robed girl is Celia.
  • Again, it's only a short game.

Overall, thanks for the feedback.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, the hooded girl being Celia was an easy enough thing to guess. I understand it's a demo, and all I've put out are impressions from what's been presented so far: the game is passable graphically, the battle system could use some work to make it more intuitive, and the story is at this point just randomly taking you around places for no real reason. It's a bit too much floundering around for a game you've planned to be short.

EDIT

Oh, and something needs to be done about that title screen. Here's a friendly suggestion. Nnnnng I still hate it.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Yeah, the hooded girl being Celia was an easy enough thing to guess. I understand it's a demo, and all I've put out are impressions from what's been presented so far: the game is passable graphically, the battle system could use some work to make it more intuitive, and the story is at this point just randomly taking you around places for no real reason. It's a bit too much floundering around for a game you've planned to be short.

EDIT

Oh, and something needs to be done about that title screen. Here's a friendly suggestion. Nnnnng I still hate it.

WOW! Good Epic Title Screen! I'll try to use this if I can put a background for it.

I'll try to finish my game within a week and a very big thanks again.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Recreated, because the first attempt is embarrassing, and because I need the practice. It doesn't match any of the colors you use on your interface, but it's nothing moving a few sliders won't fix.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Recent Updates:

• Updated the demo.
  • More keyboard shortcuts: 5 buttons instead of 6.
  • Added many quests and scenes in the demo, 4 hour gameplay in total.
  • Attack button is now in Confirm Button instead of Dash Button.
  • Populate towns with NPCs.

Currently Making (estimated will finished tomorrow or within this week):

• Last 2 dungeons.
  • Multiple endings.
  • Improving the story.

Any bugs or confusing things found in my game, please comment.

And thanks to sabao for the title screen (which I added a background).

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Recent Updates:

• Updated the demo.
  • New screenshot.
  • Some armors now changes sprite graphics (see latest screenshot).
  • 95% complete game.

Currently Making:

• Multiple Endings
  • Battle Royale

Recent Screenshot:

Graphic change on equip feature (see sprites).

Any comments, suggestions, feedback, anything as long as it's not offensive (which is not allowed in the forums), just comment if you like to.

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
LOVE-ly...Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho :3

xShaddy

Iterior Crocodile Alligator
Reaction score
First Language
Rawr
Primarily Uses
First must say game sounds interesting altough story might be a bit polished and character lines edited but overall nice game, must say tough, in demo i came to Masked Man part, skeletons need nerf ... they killed me before i could even attack or even react ._.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
First must say game sounds interesting altough story might be a bit polished and character lines edited but overall nice game, must say tough, in demo i came to Masked Man part, skeletons need nerf ... they killed me before i could even attack or even react ._.
Thanks for the feedback.

My story in the demo, specifically in the romantic scenes which is in the later part, I admit that it's a little bit off.

As for the masked guy, I did the "you lose" part on purpose.

If you're lucky that Edwin (MC) will make a turn first than Dark Mage (the masked guy), you can use Magic Guard to make his spells useless. But unfortunately, you can't take damage to him too (except for spells).

xShaddy

Reaction score
First Language
Rawr
Primarily Uses
I failed at skeletons OTL Am I supposted to escape or what, they do 140 dmg per hit and hit very, very fast. Did i take wrong road or something? I went after graveyard straight up to mountain/cave

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I failed at skeletons OTL Am I supposted to escape or what, they do 140 dmg per hit and hit very, very fast. Did i take wrong road or something? I went after graveyard straight up to mountain/cave
There are two ways to beat those skeletons, in my opinion:

• Always use heal and have many Echo Screens (blind remover) as much as you can.
  • Level up some more. I suggest to level up yourself near the healing point.

xShaddy

Reaction score
First Language
Rawr
Primarily Uses
K tnx for help, will try that out tmrw

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
A video on final boss battle. It contains spoilers.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Added some new screenshot:

Some delicious foods made by girls.

The party going at the beach.

The Ballroom Night. Who will be his dance partner?
The game is now complete and is already at its testing phase. Here are the features added:

• Multiple ending
  • Battle Coliseum
  • Final Bosses Rematch

Also here's a video of the first part of the game:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjrocks2000