Guilty Pleasures

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Hi guys,

Hmm, I thought that since people don't really use their real names here or anything, this could be quite fun.

What are your guilty pleasures, aka (wikipedia) ''something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The "guilt" involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes, such as campy styles of entertainment'' ?

For me it's watching Ghost Adventures... yeah, I know how silly it is. I don't know why, but I just love playing some game that doesn't require much reading and listen to some episodes in the background. I mean, it's just so, so funny sometimes and yet I'm strangely attracted to the whole idea.

Also, South Park. It's disgusting, stupid, violent, and racist and yet I just love it. Yeah, there are episodes that are just those things, but thats quite rare. Most of the time it's actually surprisingly good satirical / black humor and I just find it so, so funny. Also, there is some true gold there, like that episode with the transgender bathrooms - it really made me think about the stuff, while no preaching or facebook articles did.

Anyway, what are some of your guilty pleasures?

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Hummm, that's a bit of a difficult question for me... I pretty much stopped feeling guilt or shame years ago. o_O
Do note that that doesn't make me a horrible person - just someone who's managed to circumvent a couple of inherently impairing emotions and can get right on with fixing my mistakes instead of angsting and worrying over what was, what is, and what-might-have-been... :p

That said, I do realize I ought to feel at least a little bit guilty about tickling my fiancée 'til she screams... :3 ;)

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Those stupid web browser/iOS games that let you collect and raise animals. (Pocket Frogs, Flight Rising, DragonVale) Such a waste of time, but I even had excel files for Pocket Frogs that I updated regularly for a year or two.

Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Playing Stella POP! by Rovio.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Ohhhh man, Ghost Adventures. I love that show because it's just the worst. *high-fives*

I don't really have many guilty pleasures, besides binge-watching Syfy horror movies and wearing a robe all day like it's my superhero cape.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I actually really enjoy bubblegum pop music like classic Britney Spears and NSync. This may just be nostalgia, as I absolutely hated that stuff back in middle school and high school when it was current.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, other Ghost Adventure fans?!? I miss watching that show. But not right before bed.

And Makio, I downloaded DragonVale for my kids to play. And then got annoyed when they would redo the way the world looked from how I put it. :D

Also, Meg reminds cookie dough. I sometimes make it and the cookies never get baked. Just sayin'.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
.....chocolate just chocolate XD

oh also marshmallow but shhhhhh...

Last edited by a moderator:

KanaX

Just being a mouse
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
I, unfortunately, am a man with a very questionable set of morals and self-destructive habits, so whatever I do I rarely regret.

... Setting small fires... Shoujo Anime...

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instance-grinding MMOs. Idunno man they just suck you in while you waste hours and hours fighting the same repeat mobs in the same repeat maps in the same efficient repeat way. But i'm addicted to it.

arekpowalan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Almost all of those "negative reviewing" shows on the Internet (AVGN, Nostalgia Critics, JonTron, ProJared, etc.) In Thailand, it is not encouraged to criticize someone and make a joke out of it, but still I'm rather amused by how crazily funny they can be. Beside, they sometimes actually point out something valid and reasonable, which helps expand my views on the bad examples of how not to design games or cartoons.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Shows like ancient aliens, ghost labs, chasing the lizard people etc... You know, that stuff where 'experts' like to run with imagined ideas as if they are historical fact and grab up every piece of history that could be conjectured to fit their ideas and state them as some kind of proof. It's probably killing my brain cells but nothing else out there makes me laugh so hard.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Instance-grinding MMOs. Idunno man they just suck you in while you waste hours and hours fighting the same repeat mobs in the same repeat maps in the same efficient repeat way. But i'm addicted to it.
Agreed, some of the ones I played aren't good by any means, but I keep on saying 'just five more minutes' from dinner until midnight.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh gee, I used to love those court shows and hooky alien conspiracy shows when I had TV.

Another guilty pleasure of mine is Lady Gaga's music - but I'm not entirely sure how actually guilty I feel of that.

LostFonDrive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A recent one would be the RPG Maker game "Heartache 101".

I don't like these kinds of games, and I can't for the life of me remember why I even downloaded it or played it - I must have been joking around or something, I dunno, but it unexpectedly hooked me and I really enjoyed it. Anyone else here played it? Great game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdominach