Guitar Hero Battle or Mini Game Plugin

ItaliaVeneziano1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, I would like to request a plugin that can do ether of these two things.
1. Change the battle sequence into a music game like guitar hero, or...
2. Make it so when a certain event is triggered, it can go into a mini game like guitar hero.

I know there was something like this for RPG Maker XP that was in spanish, but I can not find one for MV.
Here is are videos that show examples of what I'm talking about.

Guitar Hero Gameplay

RPG Maker XP GuitarHero Gameplay
Do not click on the link in the users description, as soon as I did, my antivirus software detected something and stopped a virus from downloading. The youtube video is fine though.

The game I'm requesting this for, has no random encounters, all battles will be triggered by events, and the battles will be music battles.

Here are the specifics

When icons come down like the circles in the videos are missed, the player receives damage, and if the player receives too much damage and their HP is gone, they lose the battle, and possibly even game over, but if they win, it will go to an event/map where they won and the game continues on.

As for anything else...
I would like to be able to have a video playing in the background of the battle/mini game.

The icons timing to be customizable, so that I can manually change the timing for each song, like how fast they come down, how many come down, which order they come down, ect.

To be able to change the image used for the icons.

For there to be 4 lines where icons come down from instead of 5 like Guitar Hero.

And Finally for the buttons used for the music battle be z, x, c and v when using a keyboard, and work on a Gamepad using Yanfly's Gamepad Config.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I hope I explained what I meant well.
I'm not sure if this request is something really complex to make or not, but all help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There's an MV Plugin by Moghunter called "Theatrhythm" (named after the Final Fantasy game that actually plays like this) that allows you to add this kind of Guitar Hero-style "press buttons as they come down the line" battle system into your game. Here's the link.

However, be warned that (I believe) it's impossible to actually synch Theatrhythm button presses to the beat/rhythm of a song. See here for my explanation of why.

ItaliaVeneziano1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's an MV Plugin by Moghunter called "Theatrhythm" (named after the Final Fantasy game that actually plays like this) that allows you to add this kind of Guitar Hero-style "press buttons as they come down the line" battle system into your game. Here's the link.

However, be warned that (I believe) it's impossible to actually synch Theatrhythm button presses to the beat/rhythm of a song. See here for my explanation of why.
Theatrhythm won't work for this, at least not as is, I tried it out first. You can't change and create a pattern in which the icons move.
The closest thing that I found to what I'm looking for was "TamFey's Timed Button Attacks" because you could change the frame and speed for each icon, but it isn't quite right ether.

So what your saying there is that it will be hard to make a plugin like that in sync with RMMV because it moves by frame rate while the sound does not, and that that it could get really out of sync based on if the player's computer has less power, is this correct?

Last edited:

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So what your saying there is that it will be hard to make a plugin like that in sync with RMMV because it moves by frame rate while the sound does not, and that that it could get really out of sync based on if the player's computer has less power, is this correct?
Exactly. If you measured the frame rate (I think JS can do this) and then constantly adjusted the scroll rate, etc., you could at least get very close, but if your whole game is centered around that kind of rhythm gameplay, it's probably not good enough to float it.

It makes me wonder how a game like Guitar Hero or DDR is programmed - if I had to take a wild guess, they have a way to actually synch the playback of the music to the speed the game is running at. Is there a way to do this in JS? I have no idea, but it sounds very technically complicated. My instinct would be to look elsewhere, engine-wise.

Allowing the designer to create patterns of steps/presses is the easy part, technically speaking. I was able to do that in half a day in my VX Ace game. (Actually making good step charts, on the other hand, was trickier!)

Anyhow, maybe some really kind (and genius) soul will come by and make this for you, but I recommended Theatrhythm because you're making a pretty big ask as a plugin request.

Shugo

Low Life Hiomaika Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Wavelength on the topic of doing a rhythm game with JS, bemuse could be an example if it interests you (tho it isn't using pixi only).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.
When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerreh