lawlietorochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi guys, I'm working on an ambitious project all by myself, I purchased a lot of dlc's and plugins for this purpose. But today when I go to work these errors came up and I have no idea why, I don't edit plugins and I don't even know how to use them, I just install and change parameters in allowed fields.

-An error occurs as soon as I open the test game, which resolves when I disable the CGMZ_ Encyclopedia;

-An error happens when I open the techniques menu, which resolves if I disable the visustella visual state plugins;

-An error occurs when I open the equipment menu in the menu status section, an option created by visustella, but even when I disable the "visual plugins" the error still persists;

I'm desperate guys, because my game already has more than 2 hours of gameplay and dozens of hours in production and polishing and a few days ago these errors didn't happen.

Attachments

• When open ability menu.png
    When open ability menu.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 7
  • When open equip in status menu.png
    When open equip in status menu.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 7
  • With CGMZ_Encyclopedia active.png
    With CGMZ_Encyclopedia active.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 4
  • When open equip in status menu whitout visu plugin of visual.png
    When open equip in status menu whitout visu plugin of visual.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 7

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

So you already had all of these plugins, and the game worked fine, and now it doesn't, and you haven't made any changes since you last played?

Did you load an old save file that was created before adding some of these plugins? Do the errors still happen when you start a new game?

lawlietorochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, I'm still learnig how to use this forum because my english is not good enough.

(To the last time I just update the CGMZ plugin, but I already undo this and solve the crash open)

Crash issue when opening the game I found that when updating the CGMZ_Core it forces me to update the CGMZ_Encyclopedia, but this one has a bad update, so I have outdated the plugin and this solved the opening crash of the test game.

But the crash in "Magic Menu" and the "Equip Menu inside the status menu" Still occuring even in a new game.

Attachments

• When open ability menu 2.png
    When open ability menu 2.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 5

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know about the VisuStella ones, but the CGMZ one is because one (or more) of your custom encyclopedia entries have a missing description parameter. Is that intentional? I can make that a feature of a future release I guess if you want to be able to just show an image.

lawlietorochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know about the VisuStella ones, but the CGMZ one is because one (or more) of your custom encyclopedia entries have a missing description parameter. Is that intentional? I can make that a feature of a future release I guess if you want to be able to just show an image.

Ty for the answer and for your attention. (I love your plugin a lot)

About the question:

This happened only after the update.

What I usually do, for example, I created a lot of custom entries for my books section and I just write the descriptions as they are found in game.

Edit: If i just put some letter (ex: "a")in the description of the custom entries I solve the problem?

Last edited:

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@lawlietorochi The reason for the crash is that the update (v1.2.0+) parses the description now rather than just sending it as is since there can be text codes in the string (older versions did not support text codes).

You can still have blank descriptions, but you will need to at least open and close the description parameter to get it to display "" which is how an empty note parameter is represented. I must have forgotten to add a default value for that parameter now that the plugin is parsing it for text codes.

lawlietorochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@lawlietorochi The reason for the crash is that the update (v1.2.0+) parses the description now rather than just sending it as is since there can be text codes in the string (older versions did not support text codes).

You can still have blank descriptions, but you will need to at least open and close the description parameter to get it to display "" which is how an empty note parameter is represented. I must have forgotten to add a default value for that parameter now that the plugin is parsing it for text codes.

Wow nice work it's a really good addition (text code).

I'll fix my empty descriptions then.:awink:

Ty for your help.

(Taking advantage of your presence, an increase in the character limit would be welcome in the description, the other day I exceeded the limit by about 4 paragraphs) :kaodes:

lawlietorochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just for the record I found the cause of the issue related to menus and visustella, the issue was caused by my deleting a "special" type of skill in the database leaving the game with just one "magic", somehow the plugins have information that it has there are two types of skills and that should remain so, maybe some parameter to be adjusted went unnoticed.
:rtear:

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Just for the record I found the cause of the issue related to menus and visustella, the issue was caused by my deleting a "special" type of skill in the database leaving the game with just one "magic", somehow the plugins have information that it has there are two types of skills and that should remain so, maybe some parameter to be adjusted went unnoticed.
:rtear:
if after adjusting every parameter and still not working...
you can try submitting bug report to VisuStella Team...
of course you need to create a fresh demo that replicate the bugs 100% and send it to them...
(also isolate only plugin with problem)

hope this help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finished switching to a new PC. Now I could potentially start working at projects or plugins again if I feel the motivation to do so.
If you don't read the news, you are uninformed. If you read the news, you are misinformed.
Custom slip rates and custom ailment durations for enemies really opens up the floodgates for status effect use. I can have Poison and Time Stop affect bosses without it breaking their balance! Finally, a healthy middle ground.

(Especially after I cooked up a thing that prevents you from re-applying deadly states more than once in specific occassions.)
Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graviti