.hack infection exp system

karonta

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to build a level up system through rpg maker plugins that simulate the one that was in the .hack games? I’m currently trying this software as a hobby and wanted my first project to be a little spin off of the actual game. Just to familiarize myself with the software.

the level up system in .hack had every level up only requiring a stagnant 1000 exp, but exp gain would vary based on the level difference between you and the monster you defeated. Not sure if it is possible but maybe someone has thoughts on how this could be done?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no - it can't be done by default, but there are existing plugins that will help you.

You'll need one plugin to change the formula used for XP/Level calculations. That can only be changed with a plugin, but I think those already exist from several plugin writers like Tsukihime or Yanfly.

Then you'll need a way to reduce the XP-gain. This can be done both with and without a plugin as the EXP-Gain is a trait. You can either use a parallel process to give different states with it based on level, or a plugin for dynamic traits and then change the actor traits on level u.

karonta

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no - it can't be done by default, but there are existing plugins that will help you.

You'll need one plugin to change the formula used for XP/Level calculations. That can only be changed with a plugin, but I think those already exist from several plugin writers like Tsukihime or Yanfly.

Then you'll need a way to reduce the XP-gain. This can be done both with and without a plugin as the EXP-Gain is a trait. You can either use a parallel process to give different states with it based on level, or a plugin for dynamic traits and then change the actor traits on level u.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll take a look at yanfly’s list of plug-ins and see if I can find what I’m looking for. As for the exp variance I’ll look at the trait of it and see if there is something I can do. Otherwise I could figure out if there is a way to do it with if/then commands.

for example:
If: a.lvl - b.lvl = 0
Then: character gains x amount of exp
and so on. But idk if that’s harder or not. I’ll look into it.

karonta

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kt040