JEIA_CORP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hailpath MV is a remastered version of the critically acclaimed RPG title Hailpath. Developed using RPG Maker MV (Hence the MV in the title) it has many brand spanking new features!

By brand spanking new we mean as new as it gets before MZ is released. Anyway...

YETTIBYTE:
The main character. He is a Summoned hero who is instructed by the Light Deity Hailstorm to free her from her sworn enemy: The Deity of Darkness. Uses a sword.

GRACIE:
A fierce but gentle Warrior. She joins Yettibyte on his quest after she loses some reward money to him in a duel. Her past is otherwise unknown. Uses iron claws in battle.

TEMITHY:

The best character. The strongest, smartest, and handsomest Magibeast to ever be born. The developers are not biased toward him in any sort of way. He definitely didn't bribe and/or threaten them to write good things about him in the game's description. No way. He generously supports Yettibyte in his quest to free Hailstorm and would put his life on the line for his friends. Uses a dagger in battle.

MAXIMUS:
Was once part of an elite mercenary group known as the Hornets. Was exiled after he supposedly betrayed them. He bears the curse known as the Traitors Mark, which forces him to obey the commands of anybody he loses to. Joins the party after he loses to Yettibyte and the others. Uses a spear in battle.

LUKE:
A traveling Sage who is also Temithy's brother. Left his hometown to master the art of Light Magic. Joins the party after helping the gang defeat a Demon.

KSP VII:
The ex-advisor to the current king. Comes from the proud family of KSP. Joins the party to help them stop the King from using the Demon Orb.

FRISK WHO IS MY BEST FRIEHD
okay this is temithy here. i dont have much time before the developers come back from their lunch break. so basically theres this guy named frisk and LET ME TELL YOU this guy is the coolest Demon you'll ever meet. we hit it off as soon as i met him. he talks kind of funny but thats okay because HE HAS HORNS! i wish i had horns. then i could hang my hat on them. anyway he joined our party after TOTALLY WRECKING THIS OTHER DEMON WE WERE FIGHTING!!! all he did was pull out this "gun" thing and blast him to pieces-oh no thats the noise the elevator makes when it's going up. i gotta run but this frisk guy is THE COOLEST! uses a gun in battle okay byeeeeeee

LAIKYN:
The Deity of Earth. Among the other Deities, she's the youngest at only 500 years old. Everybody treats her like a little kid because of that. Joins the party so she can help them stop the king. Doesn't use a weapon but provides backup with Healing Magic.

RAVIO:

A bounty hunter. Very little information is known about him even among the King's Advisors. For the right price he'll eliminate anyone, including royalty. Those who have met him say he gives off an "aura of menace". Because of his reputation, he lives in the slums of Hailstorm Capital. He joins the party after they convince him to help them stop the king. Uses a chain in battle.

WEAPONS:
We've updated the Weapons in Hailpath MV to create a more balanced battle system. There are now only three kinds of weapons in the game (with the exception of some). Basic, Reforged, and Perfect. All characters start with their basic weapons which have a base power of 10. To upgrade a weapon (and therefore upgrade it's power), you need a Weapon Core. Weapon Cores can either be bought at Samkuso's Shoppe or acquired from bosses. You will then need to take it to a Blacksmith to have it smelt into either it's next form. Remember: Basic-->Reforged-->Perfect

SKILLS:

Like with weapons, skills have been changed in order to balance gameplay. All characters now have their own unique moves. They learn news ones around every five levels and stop learning new ones at Level 20. Some skills can be learned by any character using certain items (Example: Epitaph and Saturn Slicer).

MULTIPLE ENDINGS:
Like most video games, Hailpath MV has multiple endings. We won't detail what is required to achieve certain endings but we'll say there's a Good Ending, a Neutral Ending, and a Bad Ending. We'll let you figure each one out.

POST-STORY QUESTS:
After finishing the Good Ending, you have the option of doing the Post-Story Quests. These can be found using Gateways in Nowhere. Again, we won't spoil the contents. At the time of this post, only Wolfish Dreams and Midnight Pulse are in the game. Wild Wild Oomy and Timeline Equilibrium will be added Winter 2020.

Yanfly (duh)
RPG Maker Irina (Anti-Audio Delay)

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 3.36.45 PM.png
Capture1.png
Capture.png
Capture-1.png

sy020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was not fortunate enough to discover the OG Hailpath so this MV version would be my first real introduction to it, and I cannot stress enough how much those screenshots made me laugh! :kaojoy:
The memes are piping hot in this one, I'll definitely give this one a go!

May I ask how many hours does it take to normally complete this game? Though I have a tendency to explore everywhere and check everything, so I might take more time :kaopride:

JEIA_CORP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for your enthusiasm! It means a lot!
I started during spring break, and finished mid-August.
As for my total hours, I didn't log them. But I estimate 1-2 hours per day every day. So quite a bit of work.

Don't worry about the OG Hailpath, whenever I look back on it, I cringe at it's unbalanced gameplay. I guess that means I've improved, but still. Yeesh. MV is so much better than VX Ace.

JEIA_CORP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just an update:

Hailpath MV has 30 downloads and almost 100 views on itch.io! Thanks to everyone on here for their support!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

bro how do I have over 30 OCs
A good way to mix your own music? What's the learning curve on that?
Would it be better to pay a composer?
What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yvsxcii