Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
:kaohi:
I own a little team called PixeLockeT and make games with a variety of engines, but I started way back in highschool years on the RPG Makers, mostly on PS1 version, but soon to the PC version back then. I finished a 70+ hour RPG. Then unfortunately, became disabled soon after so couldn't much pursue game making........until recently!

After toying around new games in other engines, I'm back to the newest RPG Maker (MV). Although I feel I like XP best still so far, slap me. XD But I found the MMOMV project and was creating another MMO game (my third small MMO game!) and wanted to use MV this time! For ease of use since it's a hobbyist project. It's a Dragon Quest-y thing. Huzzah. Long Live the progenitor of jRPGs.

My game tastes RPG-wise are primarily jRPGs, but not much of the poorly written contrived mainstream bleh (aside some exceptions). Most of what I like are hidden gems or some such. Due to the writing being of generally better quality (I am a stickler), with less emphasis on marketing and graphics and "flashy stuff". I play RPGs for the story/characters, so!

Anyway I am very chatty. And like making friends and collabing on projects and other things. So feel free to jump at me and talk if you want. Buhbai!

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Jump*

Sad to hear about your forced stop on making games, glad to hear that changed recently though :D

As for jrpg's, I share your thoughts on that. Story and characters rule! (though I do indulge in the odd mainstream one to lol).

Curious to see what you will do with MV.

Anyway, welcome, have fun and enjoy making games! :D

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I do love Dragon Quest (and am building our team's game around that) and DQ is the most beloved mainstream jRPG in the history of man, so that's one of the bigggg exceptions to me. XD;; *is Dragon Quest weeb trash*

Oh, but hai! I'll check out your game(s) too. Thanks for the welcome.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it's hard to fault DQ lol
And as inspirationss go there are worse things to choose xD

Though my nr1 spot will probably always be occupied by Suikoden 1&2 haha

Oh, but hai! I'll check out your game(s) too.
That will prove a little difficult... I don't have any (well none released anyway lol). I Just hang around, give feedback and helpout other projects xD

Oh and yeah... You are not the only chatty person round here lol

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, it's hard to fault DQ lol
And as inspirationss go there are worse things to choose xD

Though my nr1 spot will probably always be occupied by Suikoden 1&2 haha

That will prove a little difficult... I don't have any (well none released anyway lol). I Just hang around, give feedback and helpout other projects xD

Oh and yeah... You are not the only chatty person round here lol
I loves Suikoden! I never got to play the second one, but I especially adore V and Tactics though!

My actual favorite game is Star Ocean 2.It's just gahhh, perfection. It's sad they dialed a lot of what made it awesome going forward into TTEOT and the rest, but, so far nothing has ever usurped it from the "most perfect game", though I do search. o wo

If you ever do release a game I'll play it. And if you ever wanna throw ideas at my team's game, you are welcome. lol

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never got to play the second one,
Oh boy... Did you miss out on a gem! (you can get it on psn for the ps3 just in case you didnt know ). It has the best story and characters of the whole series if you ask me!

Star Ocean2 is indeed Also a good game. Then again a lot of the old(er) jrpg's make up my list of all-time favorites... Comes with getting old I guess (or some thing we're actually better back then lol :p).

And if you ever wanna throw ideas at my team's game, you are welcome.
Well if you ever share the details on this forum I'll probably will xD

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh I'll probably buy it then just to try it out. I heard it was one of the best Suikodens, just sadly never owned it. T ^T My parents actually threw away most all of my games collection (part of the "video games are evil!" movement) so I lost a lot of stuff. OOF

Most of my fav stuff comes from PS1/PS2 era. Probably because it was the RPG Golden Age. > .>;; Now they're more about graphics or fancy flashy stuff. I do find a lot of indie RPGs I like nowadays though.

I made a hiring thread (mainly for sfx though), but it's in the admin approval queue. I'd still talk your ear off about it in messages though, if you want.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdominach