Half resolution, but upscaled to the same window size

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by  Nova, Sep 14, 2015.

1.  Nova

Nova Veteran Veteran

Hello :D

I'm wondering if it would be possible to write a script that halves the resolution (not in the traditional way, what I mean is, it halves the resolution and scales everything accordingly.)

Much like the Fullscreen++ script (http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/14081-fullscreen/)

but kinda in reverse, and then resizes it to the normal window size, and scales everything up again, but makes everything look 2x zoomed.

This is hard to explain ._.

What i mean is, i want a script that pixelates everything 2x. For 16x16 pixel art games... This will make everything pixel perfect. I hope you get what i mean xD

I don't know if it's possible though, but I've seen similarities in the fullscreen++ script mentioned eariler.

Thanks in advance ^-^

2. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Normaly rm2k3 grafics which are 16x16 got scaledx2 in the Old Maker.

In the new Maker its 32x32.

That means just turn ace resolution from 544x416 to 640x480 and double the size of your 16x16 tilesets and Chars.

Than it looks same like in the Old Maker. In RMMV this would not work, because it got other resource formats for Tiles.

But in Ace its just double the sice.

Ace tiles pixelating is also possible in grafic programs, but it looks ugly and you have to edid everything.

If this is not what you want to archieve, please explain more simple and detailed what it is exactly you want to archieve in the End. Not how to.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  3. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MCG?'s Tilemap script && dll does something like this.. Well, you can have a double zoom in/out map anyway..