Half screen touch-controls half screen game (portrait angle game for smartphones)

froddzei

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Im quite new at this but i wanted to create a game that should be intended to play on phones and i wanted it to be in portrait and not landscape.

I managed to get the touch controls working and decided that i wanted the part where the touch controls are "divided" from the game, so that the player doesn't walk around "under" the touch pictures.

i just made it quite simple and made a black image , and then added like 7 tiles extra on each map were the player isn't able to move,

However this is not the most optimal solution and i have this issue that the player doesn't want to stay in center of the "game screen" since the game continues behind the black picture.

Image 1 (what it looks like now)
wrong.PNG

Image 2 (what i want, image is edited)
what i want.PNG

Im not sure if there is any plugin for it, i have tried for several hours to get it to work.

Thanks in advance

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today we be doing an unscheduled stream! Lets get some work done on the titlescreen for Lightestone! <3
www.twitch.tv/riazey
I can't believe it... my mom is going to sign me up for the Planet Fitness down the street! I need to lower my cholesterol according to my doctor, and I'll need to lose some weight to fit into Helen Henny's skirt (I ordered a skirt for my mascot outfit and realized it was a bit too small). My doctor says I need to lose weight anyway.
I blame my lilest bro for the duck suit. Sketched it and realized it had to be added to a mock fashion magazine cover. The titles are actually inside jokes about the place this NPC is from.
EvKECQJVEAw3Qux
Kes
After a few hectic months, my hiatus is over, and I'm now back. Good to see so many familiar names posting. And a forum update while I was away.
V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torcham