Happy Field (RGSS2 scripters, composers, dialog/story writers)

Erangot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Hi guys! I'm currently working on a game called Happy Field which is heavily inspired from Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games, and I have been making a lot of good progress but I'd need more people to help me around to complete its first playable demo, the soonest possible time.

1508008_821039197977754_3124561038321275328_n.jpg
So for some reason, your parents kicked you out of home and you’ve wasted all your money going out, having fun, and not to mention you are also paying a monthly rent which you needed to stop when you realized you were broke. You had nowhere to stay. You had no choice but to accept the offer of the mayor in a village called Happy Field in staying in one of their empty shacks for no charge—under one condition.

The old house you had moved in was the home of a farmer named Grandpa Taffy who was recently deceased. Aside from the fact that the villagers loved him so much and made many memories in his farm, the land has been left untended for more than 3 years and was at the verge of being built into a commercial space by a wealthy businessman. In return of getting a new space to sleep in (which you generally disliked), you had no choice but to promise to help them restore the farm the way it was when the old farmer was still alive.

You were kind of rude and difficult at first, but who knows? As time goes by maybe you’ll learn to love the country. And as much as you never dreamed of being a farmer, it also isn’t easy being a lone city folk in a village, to put it simply, you just don’t have a single idea about farming. But you are challenged to prove yourself and with the help of some friends, you can bring back Happy Field village’s old farm to life.

You get to choose between male protagonist, Andy or female protagonist, Nana.

11062094_821038411311166_3165209165738163980_n.jpg

21234_821037687977905_7420484331611484336_n.jpg
 ​
 ​
 ​
The Farming System:
10953716_818812668200407_3022943472469591554_n.jpg
 ​
11112705_818812684867072_6411981743528492874_n.jpg
 ​
11073318_818812724867068_644101259534632495_n.jpg

11071705_818812701533737_7484930536545684482_n.jpg
 ​
10892014_818812758200398_4941028020392981097_n.jpg
 ​
10995568_818812534867087_917844368230907134_n.jpg

See more at Happy Field on Wordpress
 ​
I'm doing the Graphics part of the game, as well the story and eventing. So if ever you will need some face graphics or maps or sprite edits, I am more than willing to exchange what I can for your projects in return of all these help. But do keep in mind that I might not be able to go full-time (like do bulk work and provide all the necessary face graphics at once) because I am partly doing commissions, currently in one other project, and also still going to school.

But no worries, I am not a pushy person so I'd like you to take all the time you need. :) If only you're willing to share your skills for this game as well as benefit a bit from it, thank you very much in advance it will be a huge, huge help for Happy Field's success!

Anyone who is part of the team can always test the game even before a demo has been officially released.

---

Please comment or PM if anyone is interested.

---

Scripter:

none yet

Music Composer:

- cwglassmusic

Story/Dialog Writer:

none yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Zentsuki

Story teller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi. Sent you a PM! Maybe we can help each other out :)

Edit : I see you've edited your post today but didn't reply to me, so I'm gonna assume you're not interested in my offer. Good luck to you, then!

Erangot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Hi. Sent you a PM! Maybe we can help each other out :)

Edit : I see you've edited your post today but didn't reply to me, so I'm gonna assume you're not interested in my offer. Good luck to you, then!
Hi Zentsuki! Sorry for the late reply.

And I'm interested! Sorry for giving you the wrong idea, I had poor internet back here so I couldn't tend to all the messages at once! Also, I will promise to reply to people to let them know if I refused or accepted them. :)

I have opened your PM, but I must go to school as of now! When I get home by noon I will respond to it.

Again, I'm really really sorry about that.

Zentsuki

Story teller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
No problem! I'll wait for a reply then.

STORMFATH3R

Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This Project looks really cool! good luck guys XD

RockSauron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
O hey! Guess this is just a Harvest Moon type game, without the action or fighting of the Rune Factory games?

I do want something like Rune Factory, and would try making it if I had any idea whee to start, lol.

But yeah, this does look good by itself! Good luck with it, yo :p I'll be sure to play it whenever it's ready

Dagsin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm liking this idea. I hope to see this come to fruition! 

Yui

Rond's Personal Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
wow what RUNE FACTORY!?!?!?!?!? Xaio Pai iz mai waifu.... Rune Factory 4 is actually my favorite game of all time... if you're still doing this project I want to join as an writer!!!!.... I shall make the best waifus!

no seriously can I help!??!?! so cited!

Marious

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Erangot is the writter/dialog spot still open? Working on my writting so wanted to help others to improve. Let me know.

Posted this to another post but writter spot was taken already:

This is a short dialog.

“Are you ready?”
“Ready for what?”
“We’re going to Death Mountain.”
“WHOA, wait, wait Death Mountain? The Death Mountain, where most who go in don’t come out.”
“Yeah that one, what other Death Mountain is there?”
“So, why exactly are we going to Death Mountain again?”
“There was a sign in Town, said ‘Visit Death Mountain Today!’ So I’m ready.”
“So you’re telling me we are going to go visit Death Mountain.”
“That’s what I been trying to tell you, and you keep on asking questions.”
“Alrighty then. So if you saw a sign that read ‘Come Jump off a Hill’ you go do it?”
“Depends, what’s at the bottom of the hill?”
“I give up.”
Face Palm
This is a way longer piece I was working on, still in WIP so some mistakes in it, some intentianal some not :D :

This scene takes place in a small tavern.

You walk in and notice that the place is busy, all the tables are full but one, the table with the empty seat has two people with mugs.  Both of them seem to be slightly older but it is hard to tell, as life in the frontier town is harsh.  They are weather beaten and you can see that they have done a lot of outdoor work.  Shrugging you go to the table. The two at the table look up at you.

“Hello there, place seems very lively. Could I join you for a spell?”  They look at each other one shrugs and the other points with his mug at the empty seat.

You notice a pretty, young woman walking around dropping off mugs and bowls to other customers. She walks to your table.

“What you having today sir?”

“He will just have what we’re having.”  The shrugger as they have yet to give their names answers for you.

“Will, are you sure you should be ordering for the young man?”

“It’s ok Molly.  He looks like he can handle himself.”  He winks at her.  As she walks away he calls out again “Oh and probably some of today’s special he looks half starved, and a refill for Jacques and meself.”

As Molly burdened with your order returns and almost trips while passing by one of the other tables as the man seated there moves to get up. Nimbly she moves without dropping your food or spilling a single drop.

“Close call Molly.”

“Ha, not like it’s my first time doing this.”

Time passes and you eat your meal and drink in silence.  The meal while plain is actually excellent, some form of stew.  There are carrots and potatoes, the meat is nice and tender, you cant put your finger on it it has some spice that gives it a kick.  The two others at your table are now animated and talking about some story that happen that winter.

“Listed friend, so there we were, in our undergarments. First winter snow had just hit and we are in our undergarments.  Now who in their right mind would do that?” He raises a brow as in question.

“I guess that would be us two. *burp* Excushe me, damn good drinks he’e.”  His friend looks a bit drunk and sounds even worse than he looks.

“Cheers to that.  You might be wondering ‘what are you two talking about?’  We had gone out to do some hunting you see, before the real snow came in. You know put away some food for the winter, get some skins ready and all that.”  The man is now getting a bit more animated, he pauses from time to time to take a drink of his mug.

“Now we are on our second day out there, and we see two fellows all wrapped up just like us.  So we holler at them ‘Hello there!’ they turn and wave at us, and we wave back.  We catch up to them and we start a talking.” He smiles as he remembers the event.

“Turns out it’s not fellas but some ladies under all them clothes. Let’s just say we was surprised about that one.”

“Vewy ssurprissed.” His friend has a look of staring beyond you, at the same time his not looking at anything in the room.  More reminiscing of that past event you assume.

“Excuse my friend here, I think he might have had a few too many.”

“Not I. You wound me. Cheers!”  He tries to sound serious and less drunk.  Then takes another chug of his drink.

“If you would stop interrupting the story Jacques I would appreciate it.” His friend nods and takes another drink and only smiles. “As I was saying, these two fellas, I mean ladies where out there doing the same as us. Were trappers if you had not guessed, among other things.”

“Yes, other things.” His friend smiles wider as he says this.

“Jacques are you going to tell the story or am I?  As I thought, stop interrupting me, this will take forever, so sshhh.  So the day is coming to an end and it’s getting colder, one of the ladies mention they have a setup in a cave not far from there. So the four of us head to this cave of theirs.” He stops and looks as his friend and waits.

“What Will!?” He pinches his lips as in motioning that he is not gonna talk.

“If only I could get you to do that more often.  Anyhow as I was saying we get to this cave and it’s a nice setup, before long there’s a fire going, it’s getting warm and one of the ladies brings out a bottle and some cups. We start unwrapping as the fire and drinks start to warm us up.” With this he stops and takes another drink, and waits for and interruption from his friend.

“So first one, then the other unwraps and let me tell you, these two are beautiful, full lips, their cheeks a little rosy from the fire and drinks. One has eyes as blue as the sky, the other a beautiful shade of green."
 Thanks,

Marious

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spyfroman24