Erangot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Hey, Nice work!

It's good to see you'll continue your work. The more farm games we have, the better :D

You can check mine on my signature, if you want.
Thanks so much! Harvest Moon/Rune Factory inspired games are the absolute best. haha!

And yes I was actually meaning to download Orange Season some time ago, it looks so promising aahh

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Erangot This looks promising.  I'll definitely be following the wordpress, the game looks really good.  I like the shadow and light work as well as the bust.

Cross promotion sometime?

oh-deer.png

Nowhere near complete yet and no farm/house like your game just yet but there will be something similar eventually

Are you on social media at all?  Twitter mainly, I'd like to keep up with you and share your work there.  You can find me here.  I also have a blog for the game shown above here.

Keep up the good work!

Edit:  If you're wanting to make better quality videos for cheap then I'd recommend using Open Broadcast Software (free to use, record or stream) and also WeVideo to upload and edit.  The latter is free too but I recommend upgrading to 720p HD videos instead of 360 for just $48/year which is going to be a lot cheaper than anything else capable of making HD videos.

Just FYI I know if you're like me you want your game to look good but you can't go blowing money on expensive tech.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erangot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Oh deer, this looks amazing! I'll definitely follow the development of this as well, will be waiting if ever it gets a demo in the future. :)

I followed you as well in WP! Thank you very much, it's an honor to hear this from you. I've been working hard on the graphics, I'm kind of proud of it, somehow. It's just that since most people moved out to VX Ace I can barely look for people to help me around with the scripts. Hehe

And I do, although I don't have twitter but I'm pretty much active on Facebook and would be more than happy to promote our games there.

Thanks for the suggestion as well, I'll check it out.

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Messaged you on facebook though I'm not active there much, mainly on Twitter for now though I should get back onto FB sometime to promote the game.

Your art style is good and I like how it has improved over the years.  It's a good match for the general feel of the game.

As for scripters I'm not sure how I could help you much there, all my contacts are ones that work on VX Ace as that's what I've used since I started.  I don't know the state of your project but if all the support is for VX Ace now would it not save you time to move all your assets and any event work you can over to the "new" (not really new) system?  Would likely take time but I know for myself if I didn't have help from scripters I'd be pretty out of luck.

Lastly, how did you know what I named the pic...?

wow_by_livingdreament-d8ojj49.png

Erangot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
@Dream3r - Thanks so much! Also sorry for the late reply ; v ; I'd fix everything up as soon as I get home from school, it's just been a super busy week and then I'll definitely share Out of the Storm in the sites I've been going to.

I really plan to move out if I could, I'm not sure if soon enough, as getting RGSS2 support nowadays is really hard not to mention that vx.net was down for good. :(

And, hihi, I clicked on the image and the name appeared

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Eragnot No problem!  Life keeps you busy sometimes (most of the time) so I understand.

Your bust work is really good.  I like it a lot.  One question, you have these characters drawn but not listed in your characters section on the wordpress. What's up with that?  (It makes the game seem less complete than it really is)

Also do you mind if I share your art/game on twitter and such? I'm sure others will like your work as well.

Erangot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
@Dream3r Ahh and you're absolutely right, I just edited it last night with the descriptions alone, later on when I'm finished with the face busts I'm going to update the pages again with pictures :) But for now at least visitors may be able to get some information about the characters.

And yes, it'll be an honor! Thank you so much.

Erangot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, I've made a new composition for HF! I'm not an expert at this though, so I apologize for all the sucky points.

But I'd appreciate any kind of feedback for this though.

Also we have a new member of the development team which I will be happy to announce in a bit. He's going to be one of the composers for the soundtracks of the game. :)

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're going to get flagged for double posting someday...

The music sounds good and it's nice to hear someone is working with you.  Are they the only team member besides you?  I had assumed this was a solo project.

Also another question.  You have bachelors and bachelorettes, but you also have a male and female option for the main character.  So is everyone strictly heterosexual or is their diversity?  Also if there is do you plan on making it possible for male or female to achieve any relationship possible or will some be strictly into guys or girls and not both?

Weird question I know but after playing Dragon Age and having a lot of fun with their relationship system I thought I'd ask.  (Is this PG-13 enough or do I need to use code words?)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you not get flagged for double posting as long this a Update

and yes the song is awesome : D ! 

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
they_like_it_by_livingdreament-d8pbzsj.png
People like the art so far, so that's good :D

Erangot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Oopsie. Relieved to know double posts are ok as long as they're updates, but I'll try to avoid that from now on wohaha!

@dream3r, thanks a bunch! as of now... yes, it seems like it, i did have a whole team before i left the project a few years ago, some of them have become busy with other things so they couldn't tend to help out anymore. although i hope to contact them again in the near future, im also glad im able to recruit new willing members for HF

over which i want to introduce cwglassmusic as he will be making the new soundtracks, check out two of what he already has composed for us (love the fact he's able to come up with them in such a short period of time) in our wordpress post!

---

about the bachelors and bachelorettes, ive been considering it actually! my brother suggested to make it some sort of an "easter egg" where you need to find a thing in the game to tick the option where it'll be possible to marry regardless of their gender.

thanks so much for sharing the art on your twitter! that's a lot of retweets! :)

---

edit:

Known Issues:
04/01/15
- Game becomes incredibly laggy when there are too many plots/crops on the map. [04/12/15: figured they also happen to be lag due to the amount of parallel processes]
- Needs to fix the way the sprite picks up items (with Sinmora's Pick-Up and Gift Script) [04/12/15: FIXED]
- Needs a script that has multiple Action Trigger buttons, similar to the script by Tsukihime for RPGVXA [04/12/15: FIXED/no longer needed as of the moment]

- Needs a script that completely 'deletes' an event from the map.
- Still using the default menu.
- No random weeds/branches/stones yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I can fix your lag with a script that was created for my game...hmmmm

Also to delete an event you can just do...

that_by_livingdreament-d8pjbak.png

It gets rid of the whole event.

Also checked out the music, I like it.  There is however like a ten second pause after the song is over that the video keeps going for.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnomio