Happy Holidays Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baka-chan

Baka-chan ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    My favorite holiday tradition is...

Meeting with some friends that I can't meet in real life because they are living too far away from me/each other in our favorite game Wonderland Online to celebrate christmas with all our guild mates in the last week before christmas, dressing up in christmas styled gears and giving each other presents. Even the guild mates that don't play that often anymore still come and meet us at our yearly christmas party :)

My wishlist:

- Samurai set

- 10$ store credit

- music album

I want to thank the staff for this great piece of work and their support on new users for it. Also a big thanks to the contributors and Member+.

2. Kotaro

Kotaro Übernerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Blarg, I missed point 3 about thanking people when I first read the rules, but I've gone back to add it to my post...

Sorry for skimming.

3. capchu

capchu Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My Favorite holiday tradition is on Christmas eve. We get everyone together (we do this at my grandmother's house so that includes extended family) and we open our stockings, which are filled with small presents. we go around the room one at a time opening them, which makes it an awesome time for gag gifts and other fun toys. It's also great fun when there are small children because you get to see how excited they are about each item and they typically show it off to everyone. It takes a few hours usually since there are a lot of people, but it's a great way to spend time with my extended family.

My Wishlist:

1. Steam VXAce key

2. 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

3. Futuristic tileset

Thanks to all the Admins and Creators of these products and websites. RPG Maker got me into making games a long time ago and has been something I have desired to do from then on. I wish you all a Happy Holiday and hope you all get to enjoy time with your loved ones. Also thanks to Contributors and Member+ people who keep this afloat.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  4. Jxkl5

Jxkl5 Flying Narwhale Veteran

First Language:
    American
    How do we know if we win?

What do we do if we win?

5. yufang97

yufang97 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Wow, I'm so exited for this event. I hope I win!!!! XD

Anyway, my favourite holiday tradition is Chinese New Year's red pockets or 'hong bao'.

Basically, what happens is that on Chinese New Year (and around) parents, friend and family relatives give children special red pockets.

Inside these red pockets is one or more bills! So that means that every year, children will receive money from almost every adult they know that practises this event!!!!

The next chinese new year is in early february by the way :3...

My wishlist is 1. The Steam VXAce key (I've had my eye on it for a VERY long time :D )

2. The Futuristic Tileset

3. And the Modern Day Set

Thx for the contest btw, i rlly like these kinds of forum events (even tho I've been a lurker for the past year :3 )

6. Kincyr

Kincyr Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    my favorite holiday tradition is being with family

my wishlist - Steam VX Ace key

and thanks to Lunarea for hosting this event, the rest of the RPGMaker staff, especially for upgrading my RPGMaker XP license (I bought it when it came out and the serial number no longer worked since CoGen Media Co., Ltd. has taken over from Protexis) and the rest of the community and Member+ folks for everything

7. Silverdown

Silverdown Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is we each choose a movie during the holiday and we all sit down and watch the movies as time allows, my favorite movie is "Prancer". We also get together on Christmas Eve to have a day before the big day to talk about what everyone is up to and have a mini little reunion ( with the out of state family). On Christmas morning as a kid we woke everyone up but as a adult I get woken up which brings back great memories. I grab a cup of coffee and we eventually make it around the tree and open gifts while watching the kids open the gifts and have expression of amazment as it reminds me of my childhood, that is why Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year!

My wishlist: Steam VXAce key, Futuristic tileset, 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

Thanks to: I still kind of knew to this forum and to the RPG Maker VX software. I would like to thank all whom made this awsome program available for my enjoyment and allow me to be creative and the contributers whom give their time to give resources that I have downloaded and may use in my projects. I would also like to thank the other Member+ members ( as I am one as well ) for sharing the monthly exclusive before I began my member+ membership subscription. and to Lunerea and anyone else whom has put all of this contest together!

8. zaneyzene

zaneyzene Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite Christmas tradition starts on Christmas eve.( It's also my siblings favorite too!) We make sure we get the house all clean and ready for "Santa" to come, we bake sugar cookies from scratch. A little bit of the dough disappears( I suspect it was my little sister :p ) ... we make our own frosting, and we have fun decorating our cookies. We pick a few to give to "Santa" and we eat the rest. "The Elves" come at around 8 pm, to bring us a new pair of Pajamas. I love this part because I get to feel the soft fabric on my skin. I absolutely love it! Our parents then let us open up one of our presents. Our aunt and uncle comes over to spend the night. I have to give up my room, but that's okay, because all of my siblings always have a party in my sister's room anyways. We try to fall asleep, but the excitement of being able to open our gifts, and have a huge Christmas dinner with our family that we haven't seen in a long time keeps us up.

My wishlist:

VXAce key

futuristic tile set

a music album from RM3 music.

And to the staff of RPG Maker...Thank you very much for making this contest possible, and thanks again for making it possible for me to create my own games with RPG maker and my imagination!

9. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My wishlist:

1. For someone to actually pay for the futuristic tileset.

:D

Seeaka, RyanA, tpasmall and 2 others like this.
  10. Venion

Venion Wyvern Captain Member

First Language:
    UK English
    My favourite christmas tradition, or rather winter in general, is building a snowman. I always go back to see my family at christmas and myself and my dad would build snowmen, but not your average snowmen. Ours would have proper limbs and be sitting or posing and one time we even made a mini igloo. Good times :D

My wishlist would be:

Steam VXAce key

Futuristic tileset

RM3 music

Thanks to:

All of the staff and the contributors, past, present and future. You guys have inspired me to create so many things and have given me so many ideas. The people who work hard on scripts and resources and do it all for the love of the program and keep bringing out top quality stuff. Thanks you guys!

Merry Christmas!

11. Drekal

Drekal Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favourite holiday tradition is watching the faces of my nearest and dearest light up like a tree upon unwrapping their gifts. This brings me a joy that no present can hope to match, for joy is such a precious thing to share with someone else.

My wishlist is:

A music album from Kain

Futuristic tileset

Modern Day set

And thank you to everyone involved in making this software. Thank you to all of the contributors and staff for making this possible, and I hope everyone has a brilliant Christmas and an even more wonderful New Year!

12. Grampsallot

Grampsallot Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite Holiday tradition is: We have always loved to give presents to our family and friends even our dog. I remember last christmas when we got my little brother an XBox360, he loved it so much. To see someones face light up when they get the gift that they wanted is priceless. My favorite Holiday tradition is giving.

My wishlist: Steam VXAce key

I wanted to give thanks first to RPG Maker for their kindness in donating their wonderful product. To Lunarea for hosting the event, to any of the other admins and members who worked so much to make this possible. May you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

13. tackeshi

tackeshi Villager Member

First Language:
    Français
    Hello everyone and merry christmas!

I'm not english and i'm fifteen years old but for rpg maker, i swear il, i'll do the best i can!

Well, my favorite tradition in the holidays.. at first, use rpg maker! I love this, it's a fabulous tool! I've created a manga, and i working on it for 3 years. But when I see rpg maker, i've droped my pen and since this time, i use rpg maker to make more real my dream, who is to see my manga finished. For sure, I desire a Steam Vx Ace Key, and I hope very hard I'll get it! Then, I shall not say no for High fantasy set and a samurai set, it will be perfect for my manga =) !

I wish to all the staff and the people a very good Christmas and put away from we the end of the world ^^

and a particular thanks to Lunarea and all the staff for this event, it's very generous and kind to her to do that!

Sure, I want to win, but the most important is the christmas spirit, so again i say Merry Christmas!

14. Voroglade

Voroglade Advanced Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    How do we know if we won something?

How do we know when it starts?

15. DarthVollis

DarthVollis Moogle Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is kinda a new one that was started this year. My family is scattered across the state I live in and the nearest one is not able to prepare a wonderful Christmas Dinner like he use to have at home. So my mother, my sister, and myself get the supplies together and cook him and his family a home cooked meal that reminds him of the wonderful holidays that the family would gather around the table and enjoy the wonderful meal that was made only the way mom would make it. Even that some of the family are not longer alive these meals seem to remind us of those wonderful times and it seems to invite the spirit of the missing family members to join us once again and we are a complete family again. We miss you and love you. Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the times that you had with family members even if they are not here anyone because it is not the gifts that matter, it is the ones you love.

My wishlist:

Futuristic Tileset

High fantasy set or The Deep Add-on

Music Album from Kain

A special thanks to the men and women that take the time to bring us these great additions and spend the time creating a place where we gamer makers can join together and discuss the issues and ideas of our games and our lives. On a super special note I would like to thank the thoughtful people that bring us the monthly exclusive that enrich the available content that exist for us to add or edit or games with. Where would we be without them? I cannot thank them enough! I would also like to thank the members of these and other forums related to RPG Maker for taking the time to post and reply. Not every site does this and being answered makes me (and some of the others) feel like there are people out there that care about the progress of others. Thank you all sooo much! My Christmas to everyone of my forum buddies and I look forward to what the new year of game making will bring us. Keep on making.

16. OmNomZombie

OmNomZombie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Long time lurker, hoping to enter. :) I don’t normally enter these things, even for free stuff, but this year I find myself particularly in the Christmas spirit. Enough so to tell about one of our holiday traditions.

It’s Christmas Eve. Every year there appears to be less and less lights decorating houses in our small little town. The streets are silent. The carollers absent. And darkness drags in it’s foreboding body as the winter sun drops down. Outside, you can see your breathe in the cold. A white plume floating up into the dark. Our house is decorated. The blinking lights a beacon in an otherwise dense night. As a family every year, no matter the weather, or no matter the lessening Christmas spirit seen throughout our town, we hop in a car to go on a journey of discovery.

Streets upon streets succumb to the night, the only guide is the dim glow from windows. Our own spirits become ephemeral creatures; waning and threatening to disappear completely. Struggling against their own confines. Until blinking lights shine through, calling our spirits home.

Wishlist:

A music album from RM3 music

High fantasy set

Modern Day set

Thanks to:

All the staff and members contributing to the community. You’re what keeps me going in times of depression and lack of inspiration for projects. If you all can achieve great things, then maybe I can too. Have a happy holiday everyone. :)

17. Gmonkworld

Gmonkworld Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favourite thing about Christmas is the way people are generally happy and feel the Christmas spirit. I love watching the fire in the late hours and watching TV with the Radio times on my lap. My wish list is: Steam VXAce key. 10$ Gift Voucher and the Samurai set! Thanks to all the people who made this possible and all the people who have donated money and of course the people who keep the community going and make these Events! P.S I'm not expecting to get anything, I just thought I may as well join in and give it a go! Edit: If I win anything I would like to win the key, I only put the other things on my wish list because the rules say to list 3 things.

18. Lars Ulrika

Lars Ulrika I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi!

Being muslim and living in Indonesia now, I will speak about the end of ramadan which is a really special moment in this country and that really touched me. I celebrate it with my wife's family and first of all, we all ask forgiveness for any wrong we could have caused to each other. I can swear that's no "formal" thing as every year I can see my whole new family crying at this moment. I'm a bit ashamed being the only one not to, but well, maybe is it because of my french education, I'm not used to be so expressive even though I meant it too when I asked forgiveness to all the harships that my new family had to endure in order to welcome me. Indeed, I'm not able to eat spicy food which is quite troublesome for them when they must plan the menu and they supported me so much in paperworks, welcoming my father for the wedding etc. That's one of the reasons it's so special to me.

Then, we have family gathering and it's usually a festival of running-around children :) . They're all very cute and usually I let them try some games on my laptop as most of them don't have access to "modern" games.

It's also a tradition to go out in family to make a neighbourhood tour, we offer gifts to each other and most important of all (and that's the main reason why I love this event so much) it's a tradition too to go to the poorest households give some big amount of money to pay education fee of children, providing food etc.

You can really feel a special atmosphere here in the end of Ramadan with more solidarity and friendship than usual. That's a moment where you can really see what the word solidarity is about (even if it's quite a leitmotiv in Indonesia as I could see until now.)

It's a really colourful moment to me and I'm really glad to have had the chance to experience this in this wonderful country that I really love. Just thinking about these moments with my step family makes me quite moved so I will stop there. I hope my english writing was not too horrible.

Thanks to all the staff for having made this contest possible and having thought of a mean to make it available to everybody despite the time zones I really appreciate that.

Then on with the wishlist :

Futuristic tile set

Arabian Nights set

Samurai set

19. kolpool

kolpool Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is going to my Aunt's house and seeing everyone including the family members I barely know we more or less watch Christmas specials all day and eat then we exchange gifts.

My wishlist: 1. Modern Day set 2. Samurai set and 3. 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

Thanks to: Lunerea for this opertunity

Merry Christmas people or happy whatever your respective holiday is!

20. Jeneeus Guruman

Jeneeus Guruman The Returnee Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    My favorite holiday tradition is, no, my favorite holiday tradition ARE eating hams for Christmas. It's very delicious than usual hams. And also being get together with the whole family and sometimes, a family reunion from either or both my mom and dad's side. And last but not the least, the rarest thing I see is fireworks (not the fireworks display but only the crackers and noise creation). It's now rare in my area nowadays because of some city ordinances that forbids fireworks and I can only have fireworks in my farm.

My wishlists:

• Futuristic tileset
    • A music album from Kain or RM3 music

Special thanks: "Unlimited Thank Works!" I mean, I'll give my thanks to all of you because it's not fair to others if I only mention a few. Special mention to those working on resources the staffs making (for short, the "Restaffs") for making my current RM game project easier to make and less hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.