Happy Holidays Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaide

Jaide "This guy are sick." Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is making candy with my extended family. When I was a kid, nothing got me more in the Christmas spirit than listening to Christmas carols while filling the kitchen with wonderful smells of homemade chocolate covered cherries, divinity, and other holiday treats (especially the ones dipped in chocolate!)

My wishlist::

1. RPG Maker VX Ace key

2. Futuristic Tileset

3. Arabian Nights Tileset

And I don't even need to be reminded to give special thanks to everyone who makes this community what it is! Lunarea, Celianna, TouchFuzzy, Emmych, Thalzon, Penta and Jalen.. Everyone just makes such wonderful and inspiring things, makes this community such a joy to be a part of, and offers inspiration to continue working on my own projects. I feel like I'm a part of something really special here. :3

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  2. Divim

Divim Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is going over to my Grandparent's house on Christmas. We go there for lunch with the rest of my father's side of the family. The house is always filled with my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and my Cousin's children. It just makes the holiday even brighter being around your family and seeing the children playing.

Wish List:

Futuristic Tileset

Samurai Set

$10 store Credit

Thank You to Nathanial B. for being so open and understanding with the questions regarding the physical boxes of RPG Maker VX Ace and the rest of the staff here you are doing a wonderful job.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  3. d53642

d53642 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    It is really awesome seeing all the different things people do for their traditions.

Edit -

For those that haven't seen or heard yet.

RPG is 20% off on steam.

4. UraZelda13

UraZelda13 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    1. Since my father's side if the family is Muslim, we usually get together and have a present exchange(which is only for adults) and the children have their own small gift exchange. Then we pig out on Lebanese food for the remainder of the day; some good eats like falafay and shish-kebab :D . On my mothers side of the family, we decorate the Christmas tree with all the ornaments we have(some over 90 years old!). We have a lovely dinner set up with cornish hens(I can't eat pork :) ), zucchini bread, potato salad and most importantly, PIE~! Cherry pie is my favorite Christmas pie. If we can't make it down to Texas, where my mother's parents live, we just hang out up here in Michigan. If we're lucky, we go tire sledding ;)

2. On my wishlist:

・Steam VXAce key

・$10 store credit (to buy that tileset XD)

3. I would like to thank everyone on the RPG Maker team for hosting this event, and may you live long and prosper over this holiday seaon :) Have fun with your famlies, as well as friends! I look forward to seeing what's in store for 2013~

5. GrishordGames

GrishordGames Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is:

Easily watching (or at least letting it run) a Christmas Story on TBS ALL DAY LONG! My whole family loves that movie and every year they play it for 24 hours on Christmas and every year we let it run and laugh at random parts through the movie, it has become a classic within my family.

My wishlist:

Futuristic tileset

Arabian Nights

Samurai set

Thanks to:

My biggest thanks would have to go towards Fomar0153 for his free to use visual battlers scripts!

Other thanks would be

Indra for their guide to simple tileset edits

Zephyrsword for his "Custom Menus" tutorial

Gubid on YouTube for his dozens of "how to" videos (They aren't in Ace but they help steer me where I need to go)

and the community as a whole for being helpful in general!

6. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My favorite tradition is when we've just finished decorating the tree, we turn the lights off, turn the music down, turn the tree lights on and just watch them change color while we talk. By the end of the night we're all piled on the floor in a tangle and laughing and reminiscing. There's always something really magical about that night, it's as if no problems exist for a few hours.

Wish List: RM3 Music Pack

Thanks to everyone for making this community fun! The people here are very generous, I've been enjoying it. Thanks to the staff for going above and beyond in making this Christmas a good one!

7. pandorampp

pandorampp Warper Member

My favorite holiday tradition is when we bake goodies and give them to our neighbors and friends. Its fun watching the younger family members decorate cookies.

My wishlists is modern day set, futuristic set or $10 store credit for future purchase.

I'd like to thank all the rpg maker family from working on the code to the content creators so that many of us could realize our visions for a game.

8. ACR1994

ACR1994 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Happy Holidays EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my favorite times of the holiday season is, the gifting for others. I love just buying or making really weird gifts that the person would not know it exsisted but use it everyday. it makes me feel good about the holidays when i wrap the gifts up and just wait for days till christmas so they can open it and tell me whet they think. another favorite thing is the food ofcourse, not only because it tastes amazing but when everybody is enjoying a good meal it brings everybody closer.

My holiday wishlist would include:

1)RPG Maker vxACE key

2)Futureistic pack

3)10$ store card

Thanks to Everyone!!!! i know that soooo much has been put into the making of all these programs. and i really appreciate all you have done for us. you are the reason i want to be a game creator. useing all your programs have helped me reach new imagination levels and i just love coming home and with nothing to do but make a new game for my little cousins to play with when they come over. i gatta say you all have help so many people undeerstand alot about themselves and what they can truly do. you all are great and i hope you guys keep working so hard as you are to bring out the next big thing. THanks to all of you including other users because without all of you these programes wouldn't have changed without your feedback. Happy Holidays everybody! can't wait for the new year.

9. Kotaro

Kotaro Übernerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ooh, I love kebab. Koufta especially, good stuff.

UraZelda13 likes this.
  10. ACR1994

ACR1994 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks again everybody

11. Zhortac

Zhortac Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is just being with my family...and watching Gundam Wing Endless Watlz...it takes place during christmas, it counts as a christmas film!

My wishlist: RPG Maker VX Ace key, High Fantasy Set, and a music album from Kain or RM3.

I'd like to thank everyone who put some of their work as prizes. That's pretty awesome to share your work with people on the holidays, and also shows you're not one of those greedy corperate assclowns who pretend to be nice. Some of your works inspire me, and make me wish I learned more about sprite work lol. I'd also like to thank the creators of RPG Maker, for making a product that lets me finally realize a childhood dream of mine, and make a game around characters I developed over 20 years now.

12. Acetonide

Acetonide Event Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    1. My favorite holiday tradition... Well, that's hard to say now. My family doesn't really have many (or any) traditions we carry on anymore, due to personal reasons. The closest would have to be just trying our best to have a family dinner together now either on Thanksgiving (US) or Christmas when most everyone has the day off.. For a long while now I've also tried my best to catch the Macy's Parade with my brother in the mornings though..

2. My wishlist: 10$ store credit good for a future purchase, Futuristic tileset, Arabian Nights

3. It's hard to say thank you to everyone, I know I'll leave someone out.. I apologize if I neglect to mention you.

First I want to thank all of the staff, helping to make this community great and helping all the members. It's wonderful seeing everyone contributing to helping new members and new users.

I want to especially thank everyone who contributes to the ReStaff releases. It's wonderful seeing so much work put forth to make it easier for others to make games (especially Fomar0153, Archeia_Nessiah, Thalzon, Lunarea, and Timmah.. I knwo I'm missing someone who's had a big impact, but I'm forgetful. I apologize).

Lastly, I want to thank everyone (users and staff alike) who have aken he time to create so many tutorials. Although I may nto use all of them, I know someone will find them helpful, and I want to say thank you for taking the time to impart your knowledge onto others. =)

13. Krobelux

Krobelux Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh wow. I was just about to buy myself a copy of VX! I haven't used RPG maker since 2000 came out, and I stopped using it when VX (the first one) came out, but lately, now that I'm older, I was thinking of giving Ruby another try again and checking out the newest RPG Maker, considering it is now on Steam. I assume (hoping *crosses fingers*) the Steam Workshop will be compatible with it too, so that will be a lot of fun.

1. My favourite holiday tradition, and I don't know if this is a tradition at all, but waking up real early Christmas day, and making turkey sandwiches, then await everyone to wake up. I frikken love turkey sandwiches.

2. I would very much like a key for RPG Maker VXAce. Perhaps the Arabian Nights and Samurai Set as well.

3. Thank you Lunarea, and the rest of the staff over at RPGmakerweb for arranging this 12 hours of christmas event! I'm really having a lot of fun reading all these comments and reminiscing about the good old days back when RPG Maker XP was the main program to use.

Good luck everyone!

14. Pinder17

Pinder17 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is ...watching my sons excitement as he opens his presents

My wishlist: RPG Maker VX ACe Key

Thanks to: Everyone who has developed the RPG Maker Software, I've been using these programs since 2K and it's loads of fun

Also to everyone who puts their time into making games and sets, the passion everyone has is inspiring.

15. SentaiBrad

SentaiBrad Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This is a really cool Idea, thanks for giving some of us the chance to win something we otherwise might not be able to get.

As for the tradition, I don't have much family anymore. I take care of my disabled mother and try to get her things to open each year. We also have dinner which consistns generally of ham and other christmas fare. I always try to work on a Christmas based Lets Play episode or work on one of my many projects, either video game creation or LP related. It's simple and thats how I like to have it.

I would prefer to get an RPG Maker VXACE key or the store credit. I just want to be able to create again.

Thank you for giving all of us a chance to get something nice.

16. The Florana Princess

The Florana Princess The royal fluffy bunny butt Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Favourite Christmas tradition is definitely the first cut of the roast pork with crackling. Christmas lunch is always my favourite! :D

My wishlist would be $10 store credit for use in the store, as I have the resource packs

A Steam VXAce Key would be nice as well, however I do have a copy already (it's just outside steam)

I'd like to thank Lunarea and Celianna for their wonderful contributions to the resource packs and also to the Member+ monthly releases. The monthly releases have always been small but EXACTLY what i've needed

Merry Christmas to all!

17. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Winner #5:

Venka wins Arabian Nights Resource Pack!

18. Stranger2Night

Stranger2Night Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Congrats Venka!

19. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My favorite holiday tradition is to use whatever presents I got and thank the gift-givers

to DEATH for it, and just watch a ton of Christmas specials. Throughout my entire winter break,

I'll just play a ton of video games. This year, it's mostly Final Fantasy games.

Also, food. I eat a TON of food. Though thanks to my super high metabolism, I barely gain any weight,

and any weight I do gain is gone within a few days.

And just a small one: I'll go on the RMW IRC for a bit on Christmas Eve.

Anyway, the only thing on my wishlist is the Futuristic tileset (once again, great job Cel).

Happy holidays, everyone! :D

20. Shikitsune

Shikitsune Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Grats Venka!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.