Happy Holidays Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS Piron

DS Piron Bystander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congrats Venka, and Happy Holidays.

2. Sales_Kital

Sales_Kital Digidestand Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    congrats Venka.

3. Kotaro

Kotaro √úbernerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Congrats, Venka, and all the other winners. I'm really jealous.

4. snail

snail Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    congratulations Venka!

5. Renokun

Renokun Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hopefully I am not too late, I was at work and just saw this post.

My family tradition was when I was younger, we would all cook desserts together, such as "Reeses" peanut butter balls, creating it from scratch by making the filling into small balls, sticking a toothpick in it and dipping them into chocolate. We also would have a marathon of Christmas themed movies, such as National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Scrooged, as well as the classics. We generally spend the entire evening together.

My wishlist is:

Futuristic tileset

Modern Day set

Steam VXAce key

As I have only recently purchased RPG Maker VX Ace (it arrived today!), I am not familiar with all the faces here. However, I wish to thank everyone who contributes to the community, because I will no doubt comb through the resources in the coming weeks. I did watch the BandanaRob livestream a few days back and enjoyed the walkthrough approach, as I learn best from demonstration. I'd like to thank him for taking the time to stream that day.

I hope everyone has Happy Holidays!

6. fofay

fofay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    congratulations Venka and everyone else ! :D

7. Voroglade

Voroglade Advanced Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Congrats Venka!

8. shadowraid5

shadowraid5 Veteran Veteran

My favorite tradition is going to my aunt and uncle's with my entire family and having a humongous feast and then sitting in front of the TV watching Christmas movies while we all exchange presents to each other. Then we'd go and get dessert. We'd have pumpkin pie, ice cream, fruitcake, apple pie, and a big old Christmas cake.

Steam VXACE key

High fantasy set

Modern Day set

‚ÄčThank you so much for putting this together. It means a lot to any of those people that can't get this stuff for Christmas. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you. Stay safe and stay warm.

9. kunaineck

kunaineck Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    As Renokun stated, I hope I'm not late either...

My favorite holiday tradition? Going down south to visit family. My Grandmother makes a MEAN loaf of zucchini bread!

My wishlist in order:

1. Steam VXAce key

2. $10 store credit

3. Modern Day Tileset

Thanks to: Everyone participating in this entire giveaway. Just the thought that there is a community so dedicated and willing to give out what is no doubt going to amount to expensive costs to do so makes me giddy. I wish I could point out people in particular, but I'm so new to this that I don't know ANYBODY by name...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  10. XxAmbitionxX

XxAmbitionxX Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Please Let There Be Time.!!! Its Not Really My Family Tradition(cause we dont really have one) But Its What I Do. I Cook Large Meals And Take Them To The Shelter To Give The Unfortunate A Christmas Dinner And I Go To The Thrift Store To Buy Coats. Afterwards I Make Key Lime Pie And Sleep.!

My Only Thing On My Wishlist Is Steam RMVX Ace.

It Would Be Nice To Continue My Project Astral. I Just Find Out How To Work Ace Too.! ^_^ Congrats To Everyone That Won.!

Happy Holidays.!

11. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You capitalized every word, Ambition?

12. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Winner #6

mrblackdx wins a Steam RPGMaker VX Ace key!

(and yes, there's still time to enter. :) )

13. Seeaka

Seeaka In limbo; bad at it Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My favorite holiday tradition is... SANTA HATS. For those of you who don't know, Santa hats are both the most comfortable and best looking hats ever to exist. They are amazing to the point that they are the only hats I wear. I generally wear them nonstop through December. My mom supposedly has a picture of me in the bathtub with one on. It is one of the great shames of the world that they are only socially acceptable around Christmas.

My wishlist is:

Steam VX Ace key

Futuristic Tileset

Samurai Set

My thanks to: The Resource Staff. In my opinion, the Resource Staff is hands-down the best part of this community, especially since I think the amount of shared resources is what makes this such a friendly community.

14. Silverdown

Silverdown Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Congrats to winner so far! :)

15. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    dayum, halfway through and nothing.

Either way, congrats mrblackdx.

16. Zortik

Zortik The Architect Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My favorite holiday tradition:

On Christmas eve, my parents would present all of our gifts beneath the tree. At dinner we would give thanks for what we have, and thanks again for being able to enjoy a holiday where we were able to afford to give frivolous gifts simply for the joy of it. After enjoying the meal we would return to the tree and would select 2-3 gifts from our respective piles.

We wouldn't open these gifts, and our parents did not tell us what was in them. These gifts were placed in a box along with a card. The card would always say something along the lines of "We hope that these gifts, lovingly purchased for us, give you some happiness during this holiday season"

Those gifts would then be donated to a shelter. It's something we've been doing for a long time, and I fully intend to continue this tradition for longer yet.

Wish List:

#1) Steam VX Ace Key

#2) A music album from Kain or RM3 music

#3) 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

I'd like to give thanks to the community in general. It's not an easy thing to develop a game, made many times harder when you can't find any support to help you get through it.

Secondly, sometimes a community can develop into a pretty scary thing. So another big thanks to the various staff who helps keep that raging storm of emotions and dreams in check.

Lastly, thank you to any/all of you who take the time to create and drive all of these fun events that gets the community engaged in something other than their personal projects. Creating and working with these projects is incredibly stressful. So, just know it doesn't go unappreciated.

17. TreeTopOcelot

TreeTopOcelot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is when my mother makes chocolate peanut butter balls. There's always so many and the whole house smells of chocolate and peanut butter, and she only makes them once a year so that makes them taste super delicious. There's something great about the whole family sitting together and having a great time with no worries or stress, just joy.

My Wishlist

1. Steam VXAce key

2.Futuristic tileset

P.S. Thanks to everyone who supports the forum! :D

18. Maese Mateo

Maese Mateo Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Congratulations to the winners so far! B)

19. Kincyr

Kincyr Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    congrats, everybody so far :) and good luck to everybody else

20. anothga

anothga Warper Member

First Language:
    Croatian
    My favorite holiday tradition is opening presents. Yes, that can't sound bad, greedy and whatnot, but it's abour surprise fore me. It's the feel of opening that gift wrap paper and excitement to see what I'll find under it. If it's something I want or would like, even better.

My wishlist would be:

1 - Steam VXAce key

2 - High fantasy set or The Deep Add-on

3 - Arabian Nights or Modern Day set

First, thanks to all stuff in general that work in RPG Maker since it's the first thing that made me interested in actually making video games, as opposed to just playing them. Also, thanks to The Resource Staff, for all the stuff they produce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.