Happy Holidays Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faye

Faye Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is...the Christmas dinner my family and I have. We don't set up a Christmas tree...because there's no room in the house for one, but we do make a Christmas dinner. We usually have ham, stuffing, and all sorts of other yummy things. When it's all ready the family and I sit at the table and share it together and talk about things, it's really nice spending time with them. ^_^

My Wishlist

1. Steam VX Ace Key

That's all I really wish for.

Thanks to...everyone that made this possible, it's a very generous thing that you are doing. I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this and it is also extremely generous of those sharing their monthly exclusives with everyone, it's a really nice way to get into the holiday spirit. ^_^

I wish luck to everyone else that has entered, and also congrats to those that have already won something.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  2. DS Piron

DS Piron Bystander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congrats, and Happy Holidays to you too mrblackdx.

3. Stranger2Night

Stranger2Night Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Congrats mrblackdx!

4. antega34

antega34 Anthony Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is spending Christmas and New Years in Mexico with all of my relatives who I normally don't get to see. We are a big family so those of us here travel there for the week while we're on vacation from school. Then there would be a big gathering at my grandma's or grandpa's and dig in! :) I also like gathering around a fire outside and just talking to each other or watching old holiday movies. It's always a fun time!

My Wishlist:

1. Steam VXAce key

2. The Deep Add-on

3. Futuristic tileset

Thanks to everyone in the community for making great games, thanks to the staff who are offering this great holiday gift, and thanks to the creators of this wonderful game engine for providing us great RPG gaming experience for years! Thanks to everyone and good luck!

5. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow! Thank ya'll =)) Now my daughter gets to see me do the WOW'ing and dancing =)

6. Syndicate

Syndicate Pandora Network Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congats to the previous winners ^_^

7. Sewnsew

Sewnsew Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My Holiday Tradition: Us kids will wait at the door of our bedrooms, have these paper cup tied to string on each end so we can talk, and wait for Santa Claus to come to our house and see if we can catch him.

Wish List:If I wanted anything for Christmas, it would be RPG VX ACE on Steam, RM3 music, and The Deep.

Thanks to: Well, it would hard to say just to one person. But, I wish to thank everyone who makes this possible. Because of these materials, you have made my dream come true to become a game designer. I also would like to thank all the Member+ for all of the support you have been giving to Enterbrain. All of you have supported this company and deserve a round of applause,..., on second thought, a huge hug from me. God bless everyone for all that you have done.

8. Jaide

Jaide "This guy are sick." Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is such a fun event. :3

9. Asejia

Asejia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    On my favorite holiday tradition I spend time with my best friend. He’s born at 24 December and most of his friends celebrate Christmas with the family. It’s fun to do both on the day, celebrate his birthday with a small set of person and even Christmas.

My wishlist is:

1. Samurai set

2. 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

3. Steam VXAce key

Thanks goes to the entire staff team and all who share their hard work with the community.

Congratulations to the winners. :)

10. Travatar

Travatar Summoned by candle, by book, and by bell. Veteran

Brought to you by Florida: The original creators o
    First Language:
    English
    I for one, am glad of this community and the people who keep it going. No matter what, the BOGO deal on RMVX Ace boxed is easily the most awesome thing done by a game-making software company. Plus, though I love the un-official community sites, it's good to have a common ground, where we can all just hang out under an Official banner. It all seems to flow so naturally that one may take it for granted, but always remember that this site and the community are the result of a genuine passion for fun, and a lot of hard work.

Our tradition starts with going to my parents' house on Christmas Eve. We usually order something terrible and unhealthy to eat, like Chinese takeout, Pizza, or one year both (we regretted that. Badly.) It's a lot of fun, especially if any other adult family members are there, since they'll usually bust out the booze. I don't drink, but they'll get pretty snockered, and being around Funny Drunks is a blast.

My daughter just loves playing over there, watching movies (the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, The Santa Clause and other staples) and eventually sleeping on the couch until my wife and I take her back home. Occasionally, some brave soul can be dared into jumping into my parents' pool (see above about drunken family members.) Since it's Florida, this usually isn't so bad, but it's hilarious on those occasional years when the temperature gets below 50°F (that's about 10°C for you metric users.)

The next morning, we host brunch at our house. My wife and I wake up early, whereupon we immediately start freaking out about getting the house clean on time.. This is a highly ritualized form of verbal combat wherein the goal is apparently to be terse and extremely stressed out and shouting in intense whispers without using any strong language or waking the toddler two rooms over. I'm usually pretty relaxed, and not very good at freaking out, so I always end up conceding defeat.

When my daughter wakes up, we do the Fussing With of the Camera, the Unwrapping of Gifts, the Imbibing of Coffee and the Plastering On of Happy Faces before my parents and whichever other family passed out at their house (parents included) arrive. The ones who drank too much the night before usually have some difficulty with this part, since noise seems to elicit groans, and a 4-year-old on Christmas can be heard from several galaxies away. Then, we eat Brunch, which usually serves as a counterpoint to the unhealthy food the night before. Egg whites, turkey-bacon, etc. though we'll occasionally have an indulgence such as whole-wheat french toast.

Wishlist

-----------------------------------

I don't even mind. This was just fun to write, and I was on break at work.

The RM3 music pack, Arabian Nights, or Futuristic Tiles, I guess?

-----------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
    Chaos Avian likes this.
  11. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English
    A big congratulations for the winners so far!~

12. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Winner #7

Jaide wins a Futuristic Resource Pack!

13. DS Piron

DS Piron Bystander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congrats Jaide!

14. Stranger2Night

Stranger2Night Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Congrats Jaide! ^_^

15. T.Bit

T.Bit Labyrinth Explorer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Woohoo! Congrats Jaide! Oh, and on a side-note. I can't seem to download Gift #8, the animation pack. It says I'm not allowed. :(

16. tpasmall

tpasmall The Mauve Avenger Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just want to say, there are a ton of new people posting on here, and I hope this isn't the last we see of you all. Our community always benefits by more people becoming involved. So take this opportunity and stay involved!

Seeaka and Shikyo like this.
  17. Zhortac

Zhortac Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Depends on how lazy I get, or if I remember to check here.

18. Holder

Holder Loading... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My favourite holiday tradition is a simple one but something that I've passed down to my kids, that's the Christmas pyjamas. A present they open on the night before, it's normally left around the house or on their beds. They're at the age where they're questioning Santa and to try to stretch it out for another year this year we're giving them to our neighbour to knock and leave outside of the door. :p Hopefully should work, just gotta hope it can do for another year.

1, Samurai set

2, 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

There's actually a load of thank yous to go around really, obviously the staff at all levels including moderators and restaff. I know the hard work, time and effort that goes into maintaining communities, it's not easy and sometimes it's not nice.

But there's also everyone else. It's basically those who take their free time to contribute what they can, teaching others and passing on knowledge if it be via tutorials or requests. I could name names but it would be a long list and I'd have to check it twice. The entire RM community wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for generosity like that.

19. TreeTopOcelot

TreeTopOcelot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congratulations to the winners so far! :3

20. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

If you're experiencing issues downloading from the thread, you can also download through here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.