Happy Holidays Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampire

Vampire Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    My favorite holiday tradition is the “Caga tió ”, we only need a good round piece of wood, a pen and some candy. It's something easy to do and relieves a lot of stress. You draw a face on the wood, cover it's rear with a cloth (if you have a Santa hat the better) and hit the wood with a stick.

Usually adults leave candy under the cloth and kids hit it with the stick and get candy and presents.

It's fun to do, mostly if there are kids in the house, but I usually play with friends to se if we can break the wood (it neves happens).

My wishlist: 1. Steam VXAce key 2.10$ store credit 3.Modern Day set

Thanks to: All the staff that made this possible and all the people on the community who is nice and helps people with lots of problems. Thanks to all the people who is sharing special things for the holidays and happy holidays for everyone.

2. Jishin

Jishin Lieutenant Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is to go sledding in the school field. There's usually many other kids who go there, and adults have a lot of fun as well. There's usually someone giving out free hot chocolate ;D

My wishlist: 1.Samurai Set 2. High Fantasy set 3. Music Album - RM3

Thanks to: All the staff, the programmers, and admins! It's great to see the community grow, as well as promote the product =D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  3. antega34

antega34 Anthony Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congrats to the winners! :D

4. Nefertari83

Nefertari83 Writer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Congratulations to all winners so far! :)

5. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    My wishlist is:

1. Futuristic Tileset

2. RPG Maker 3 Music

3. Arabian Night Tilet

Not so much Christmas for me, but Thanksgiving is a big holiday in my family. Then again, for me the holidays begin right around fall, as the leaves start to fall. Pumpkins are sold, decorations begin to appear, and the baking season gets a nice kick off. It's a very festive time of year, and I'm happy to say my wife is an excellent cook and baker.

But for me, Thanksgiving is quite a magical experience, probably because it truly begins the holiday fesitivities. The day prior is spent cleaning the house (I'm a bit of an anal retentive, and cleaning is quite energetic for me), followed by preparations, meal planning, baking, and shopping. We usually host the holiday at our house, and our family friends come by early (sometimes the night before) to begin the celebration. My wife will usually go out of her way with cookies, candies, and other assortment of goodies, in addition to also preparing and roasting the turkey. Unfortunately, it's also the time of year I tend to gain quite a few pounds.

As evening rolls around, my dad stays over so he can watch the kids, and the wife and I will then head out for Black Friday shopping. We don't usually get into the fuss and hassle of buying everything we want; we go more for our own entertainment of watching everybody scramble around for the latest gadget.... it's quite amusing seeing people try to push a grocery cart through a massive crowd. Sometimes we come out ahead with a few things, other times not so much. The air is usually crisp and fresh; no longer warm, but not too cold, very refreshing, as if the season is not in full swing. Afterwards, we'll stop for coffee somewhere, and then we'll head on back home to sleep for a few hours.

Friday morning comes around, and we usually take the family out for breakfast somewhere.

Did I mention we're big eaters?

6. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My favorite holiday tradition is that to invite a lot of people in our house and have a feast for everyone even the kids. Have fun Christmas game for the children and give prizes and food to the people even the poor. Even giving gift to poor people and helping them in need.

My wishlist 1. Futuristic tileset 2. 10$ store credit 3. Steam VXAce key

I would like to the whole RPG maker community for making the rpg maker series into the international level and help make this even possible. And also the people at enterbrain who made this product. Especially in giving gift in the people in the rpg maker community in the past few days. :)

7. Kim Jong Feel

Kim Jong Feel il>un Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Favorite Tradition: Every year we go to Maine and the whole family meets up for a day. We have a big dinner, but what most people look forward to is deserts. Different family members from every corner of the east coast bring different pies. Some amateurs bring store bought pies, but the pros make it themselves. There are so many varying kinds no matter what kind of holiday it is. Pecan, blueberry, apple, pumpkin, chocolate cream, banana cream, anything. They compete, and everyone has their opinions. But at the end there's so much left over pie that we all just take home a few slices of our favorites.

Wishlist: VX Ace Steam Key (for a friend, if possible), Celianna's Futuristic Tileset

Thanks: Everyone who made it possible for RPG Maker to be on Steam, all the forum admins who help maintain this awesome community, and everyone who makes these great resources to share with the community. This website is honestly really amazing, so thank you.

8. DarkSpartan

DarkSpartan Polymorphic Sillycreature Member

First Language:
    English
    Many thanks, Luna, both for watching over the thread and some or the really nifty things you provided as presents. It'll make next year's game that much easier to work on. Congrats to all the winners thus far!

Speaking of games, I'm going to make *this* year's Christmas game available to you all in the next few days (even if it *is* Ren'Py). Then next week, I'll let you know how the Players coped ;)

9. Jaide

Jaide "This guy are sick." Veteran

First Language:
    English
    OMG! Thank you so much! :D

10. Eradose

Eradose Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is watching the Christmas movies and specials, such as the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode "Santa Claus", the anarchy style Christmas special "Where the F*** is Santa Claus", and the holiday classic, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".

My wish list is the Samurai set, or 10$ store credit

I'd like to thank the entire localization staff of RPG Maker VX Ace, and everyone who worked on the content packs.

11. Abi

Abi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I really like to spend New Years Eve and Day celebrating New Years all around the world! Starting with the farthest east I'll ring in the new year for every timezone where I have any friends, calling em up or texting them or saying something over an internet chat of some kind. I don't actually drink alcohol though some of my friends do... I ring it in with pop, which is kind of a rare thing for me even so! (Yes, I'm a health nut!)

Uhm... if you only want Christmas traditions I'll do that too just in case... Christmas we have a big family get together with a ginormous feast of ham and beans and applesauce and mashed potatoes and gravy and other stuff, and for desserts CHEEESECAKE! We ALWAYS fool around about various of us stealing all the cheesecake and not letting anyone else have any, but in the end we share pretty evenly.

My wish list is:

1) Steam VXAce key

2) 10$ store credit good for a future purchase (prolly buy a game with this, lol)

Thanks to all the wonderful staff and contributors who worked hard to make this happen, as well as to Member+ folks who are generously sharing their monthly exclusive with the whole community!!!! (So what it's a copy and paste job with minor edits... I am a programmer. It's what we do. But seriously though. Thanks folks! :p )

12. SageRockerson

SageRockerson Writer Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is having a video game marathon with my friends, console, pc, you name it.

My Wishlist: RPG Maker VXACE Steam Key (For my friend who doesn't have the money for it), Modern Day Set, Futuristic tileset

I'd like to thank everyone who helped create RPG Maker. The very giving folks who made the resource packs. Also the entire community.

Merry Festivus

13. Infinite Angel

Infinite Angel Villager Member

First Language:
    EnglishFilipino
    Here's my "RMWeb Happy Holidays Prize Draw Entry":

My Favorite Holiday Tradition: I am not sure if it can be called a "tradition" but I think what could be considered my Favorite Christmas Tradition would be "Receiving Gifts From Santa Claus" for being good.

I actually truly believed in Santa Claus.

And I actually used to write him a letter stating the specific gift I want for Christmas.

There was actually a time when I wished that the "toy sword" I made be given magical powers. I left it in one of our house windows continually waiting "from time to time" that the "magical powers wish" be granted.

For this belief and the happy experience of believing it, I think I would have to mainly thank my Lola (what a grandmother is called in the Philippines) who "administered" Santa Claus for me.

My last experience with this "tradition" was when I was 12 years old.

According to my Lola, it's the last year of being a kid (qualified for Santa's gifts).

With that said, I think what could be considered my favorite Christmas tradition was "Truly Believing In Santa Claus".

My "RPG Maker" Wish List would be:

Steam VXAce key

Futuristic tileset

10$ store credit good for a future purchase

Thank You to:

- All the Admin/Staff/Contributors who worked hard to make this event happen.

- All the Admin/Staff/Contributors for continually taking responsibility for the Official RPG Maker Community.

- All the Member+ persons for the "monthly exclusive treats".

- All those who are working to keep the "RPG Maker Culture" alive and expanding.

14. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

15. Mineat

Mineat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    A well congratz to the winners, so far!

16. Yvonne_Eva

Yvonne_Eva Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh! W-wow, thank you! =D

I came back just to wish a happy holidays and grats to all the winners so far, but wow, thank you! Still, happy holidays to everyone and grats to the winners =D

17. DS Piron

DS Piron Bystander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Heh, the irony.

Anyway, Congrats Yvonne_Eva!

18. Syndicate

Syndicate Pandora Network Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ^^ Well done to the winners, and good luck to those still eagerly waiting! :D

19. Sorohn

Sorohn Warper Member

My favorite holiday tradition during this time of year is our turkey dinner. We slow roast a turkey breast that we've brine for a few hours. During that time we make our own mashed potatoes out of, well, potatoes ourselves. We then make some stuffing and corn to accompany the turkey and potatoes. While we eat, we have fresh pumpkin pie cooking in the oven. When the pie comes out, we sprinkle on some brown sugar and cinnamon onto the pie before serving it.

Wishlist:

Steam VXAce Key

A Music album from Kain or RM3 music

$10 store credit for future purchases

Thanks to Lunarea, Scinya, Kain, Yami, and the other members of the staff and RPG Maker community for creating the resources we use today and creating such spectacular games.

20. yuishinka

yuishinka Warper Member

Congrats to all the winners

Banzaiii.... :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.