Happy Holidays Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liledawg

liledawg Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    1. My favorite holiday tradition is getting together with the family, playing a card game called rook, gft exchanging, watching football, eating lots of deviled eggs, and all of the other festive goodies, and newly celebrating christmas with my two year old son, and I can't wait to see him tear open his present christmas morning. This will be his third christmas since he was born in October 2010, but this one will be great since he will be able to open his gifts on his own.

2. My Wishlist

1. Steam VXAce Key

2. High Fantasy Set

3. Modern Day Set

3. Thanks to all the staff, even members+ helping to make this happen, Happy Holidays to all of you, So many thanks to all of you, and I challenge you all to a game of rook if you know that card game. :) Plus an added thanks for helping me get validated :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  2. Stranger2Night

Stranger2Night Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Congrats Yvonne_Eva!

3. Krobelux

Krobelux Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Seems like some people are making multiple accounts to 'increase' their chances of winning.

4. drcox

drcox Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    1. My favorite holiday tradition is usally just the food that is made. What can i say, I like food.

2. steam vx ace

high fantasy

future tileset

3. thanks to all the artist, scripters, and member + who helped this happen. also thank you enterbrain for may the engine for our use!

5. Jaide

Jaide "This guy are sick." Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Why do you say that? A lot of people had never been on these forums before, so they made accounts so they could participate. I certainly hope no one is cheating, but it's awfully unfair to make accusations without proof.

6. liledawg

liledawg Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    No I am not I saw this on steam and I made my account today and this is my one and only account and that is known I just never got my validation e-mail and they helped me with that.

7. Kotaro

Kotaro √úbernerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This.

8. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

I did add to the roster anyone that posted on Steam Discussion that they couldn't validate, but wanted to participate. :)

9. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Winner #9:

ChrisPL - wins a High Fantasy Resource Pack

10. QiisNii

QiisNii Anime Artist! Member

First Language:
    English
    Coming from a Chiinese family who doesn't have a strong background in knowing about Christmas traditions, we never do much for Christmas besides tree decorating every year, which we gradually started to pick up over the years. However, I myself have realized that Christmas should be a bit more meaningful than simply putting up a Christmas tree in the room so visitors can realize that we're not completely ignorant about this special holiday. So, I have figured out my own way of getting into the Christmas spirit just a little bit deeper.

As a dedicated artist, a holiday tradition that I've always followed since I was just a young child was to spend time making various presents for my friends and family, whether it is a drawing, painting, or scupture. Many people will hear this and simply brush it off as something that anyone can do who can't afford to buy presents for others. But for me, this is a special time of the year where I can both stimulate my artistic creativity, while at the same time make others happy. Having a winter break period from school helps a bunch with the process. Every year around Christmastime now, one can find me locked up in my room all day, preparing the special gifts for the people I love. This year, I have painted a wooden jewelry box for my aunt, and created a sculpture of a panda for my friend so far. I am currently working on another sculpture of a tiger for my father, and drawing a picture for my roommate. It's a time-consuming process, but well worth the effort at the end.

The only item on my wishlist would be the Steam key for RPG Maker VXAce, since it's been something I've wanted since it came out! Back in the day I was working on a project using RPG Maker XP, but sadly my computer died and I lost my data. Granted, there wasn't a ton of info since I wasn't super far on the project, but I've been wanting to get back to making RPGs for a while, and hopefully be able to contribute somethiing to the community while I'm at it!

And of course, my entry would not be complete without a special word of thanks to all the awesome people who have worked to get this contest running! I can tell it takes quite a bit of effort, and goodwill of all the contributors and staff to organize an event like this. Thank you all so much, and congrats to all the people who have won so far!

Jaide likes this.
  11. DonCreek

DonCreek The OH!Yeah! Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Favorite Holiday Traditions: House gathering, this time of the year we have a family reunion. Followed by preparing the house for celebration. Buy food / ingredients from the store, have a long travel downtown just to buy a particular item from a particular shop (usually we call this a quest), select of movie(s) from video store, Eat ice cream outside the grocery (even if its cold outside), Re-enact picture from childhood (i like this one, because we agree to select a picture of when we're kids and pose the same as that picture), play video game(s) (talk about Contra series) and Have a movie marathon. I think most of the fun are in the preparation, because its rarely to us to all meet (my cousin), its more like a bonding moment (childhood Nostalgia). Well i think that's most of it.

Wishlist:

1. Arabian Nights Tileset

2. Samurai Tileset

3. Steam VXAce Key (a gift)

PS: Congratulations to the current winners! I hope, we all enjoy this holiday!

Thank you very much for this event. I would also like to thank the Moderators, the planner of this event. The Artists that shared their skills and ideas using their arts. Thank you for the fun that was shared by the community. Thanks to all of you guys.

12. thecretanhound

thecretanhound Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is

Heading out to the local theatre with my family and/or friends. Its fun to celebrate the holidays with people I love and its super fun going to the theatre and having a private showing most times; it just gives me the happy's!

My wishlist: 1, 2, 3

Would be a

1. Steam VXAce key

2. 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

3. repeat ;p

Thanks to: All you awesome cats in the forums!

13. JabberWonky

JabberWonky Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is going to my in-laws every Sunday for the 4 Sundays before Christmas. My mother-in-law is French, and this is a European tradition, where you light a candle each Sunday, 1 candle the first time, 2 candles the second, 3 the third, etc. and she makes those crazy European cookies for us to eat! You know the ones: jam-filled shapes, coconut puff cookies, chocolate-dipped cookies, etc. Awesome!

My wishlist:

1. Steam VXAce key

2. Futuristic tileset

3. Modern Day set

Thanks to:

Everyone, really, but mostly to

Lunarea for posting so much useful stuff!

Kain for creating cool music!

Everyone who takes the time to create and share Tutorials, Events, and Graphics and (especially for VX, cuz that's what I have)!

Thanks everyone for making RPG Maker fun!

14. rawr3212

rawr3212 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    One tradition I have, if not kinda psychotic, is to take the Christmas tree after its decor has been taken off and burn it until it is ash. While this is happening we wish for the year until next Christmas to be full of happiness and cheer.

1. Steam VXAce key (I REALLY need this!!!)

2. 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

I know this is a weird tradition but we've been doing it since I was 5 years old which was 10 years ago!

15. DS Piron

DS Piron Bystander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congrats ChrisPL, and Merry Christmas!

Well, It's not like you could save that tree for next Christmas.

rawr3212 likes this.
  16. Krobelux

Krobelux Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Ah I apologize. I've silently been lurking around and noticed a few people with 1 post, and registered for only a few hours. Wanted to make sure people were aware in case it actually was happening.

Happy Holidays everyone!

17. Sho

Sho Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    A holiday tradition I love is just hanging out with my family! There's nothing really super special, but I love it. I get to hang out with my cousin TJ, because nowadays, we can't hang out that often. My uncle and parents not really getting along for stupid "adult" reasons. So, I enjoy just having a good time with my cousins, aunts and uncles during this day because it's always fun!

Wishlist:

1. Steam VXAce key

18. PaladinHeart

PaladinHeart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just want to comment that it just feels weird when you tell us who to thank.

It's kinda like a woman telling her husband to get her flowers for her anniversary, on the very day.

If she tells him, and he gets them... does it really mean anything?

19. xariouz

xariouz Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite part of the holidays is when my brother comes over and my family sits around exchanging gifts and watching A Christmas Story all day. Every year we sit on the couch, drink hot chocolate, and leave the movie on (since it plays for 24 hours).

Wishlist:

1.) Steam key

2.) Store credit

3.) Modern day set

20. habyunghun

habyunghun Warper Member

First Language:
    Korean
    Here is my entry:

My favorite holiday tradition is: To create video games. This time, I am looking forward to creating a Christmas type.

(Easily put, to create games that fit the holiday.)

My wishlist:

1.`Steam VXAce key

2.A music album from Kain or RM3 music

3.10$ store credit card for a future purchase

Thanks to:

Creators RPG Makers.

People who enjoys RPG Makers because they motivated the creators to create better versions.

moderators and everybody who created this giveaway.

People who helped make this forum active and helped give motivations to others.

Scinaya,Lunarea, and everybody else who spent their time for other people, not for themselves. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.