Happy Holidays Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zurpman

zurpman Warper Member

1. Favorite holiday tradition is just eating a meal with the family, having our xmas meal and sharing stories with the rest if the family, its something I always look forward to .

2. wish list steam XAce ky, Futuristic tile set and samurai set.

3. To the staff and members thanks for the work you put into this community, A few years back when I came to this site there were no forums, it was really hard to find good information on rpgmaker. Now, to my surprise theres a great forum, helpful staff and awesome support and tutorials for the rpg makers. this place is awesome thank you for your hard work .

Have a awesome holiday guys,

/zurpman

2. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

A lot of people have worked (and are still working!) very hard to make this event happen. It's the largest event we've hosted, and I feel it's important to recognize everyone who put an effort into making it possible. And to thank them for it.

I think most everyone has been genuine in their thanks, and that's wonderful. :)

3. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

I advise you to buy the flowers and not worry about what it means except, well it means a much nicer evening for the husband is all I'm gonna say.....

Am I the only person who is getting an error message when I try to take a peek at Timmah's Christmas animation? I tried to check for a message about it but this topic is freaking LONG!

4. Lunarea

I have a second download available here, deb. :)

5. T.Bit

T.Bit Labyrinth Explorer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Deb: I got that error message too. Lunarea just redirected me to the download center. It works fine over there. :)

6. TreeTopOcelot

TreeTopOcelot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Would be a fun birthday gift, if not I'm just happy to have so many close friends and family!

I hope everyone has something to be thankful for. :)

7. neoprism

neoprism Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite Holiday Tradition would be spending time with my parents and grandparents and also eating the best Peanut Butter Balls on the east coast.

My Wish List:

Steam VXAce Key

High Fantasy Set

Either of the Music Albums

I want to say thanks to ALL the staff on RPG Maker Web and also the developers. I have not made an RPG since back when 2k3 was the current version, but I have heard great things about the program.

8. Winston

Winston Gaming Point Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys, here's my entry:

We never celebrated Christmas here in Australia other than put up maybe a small christmas tree in the house so I don't really have a favourite holiday tradition. However, if I were to make one up, my ideal holiday tradition would be to meet up with a couple of my friends and get creative - whether that be writing music, telling stories or making a game, I just like to work on a fun, holiday project with my friends.

My wishlist:

1. High fantasy set

2. 10$ store credit good for a future purchase

3. Samurai set

My thanks goes out to all you member+ people who have contributed so much to the community and also a big thanks to all Enterbrain/forum staff for making this possible.

9. Aykan

Aykan Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'll keep it nice and to the point :)

1. Favorite Holiday Tradition

My absolute favorite holiday tradition has to be eating the homemade banana bread at my grandparents house. My grandpa passed away last year and the house was sold, but we still made the banana bread and celebrated Christmas in our own way. It is something I plan on doing for the rest of my life.

However, another close favorite would be seeing my Aunt Sam each year. She is a flight attendant, so she is always traveling. At Christmas time, she always brings us something from wherever she visited, so I have a nice collection of things from around the world.

2. Wish List

• Steam VX Ace Key
    • Modern Day Set
    • Futuristic Set

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  10. Tnsumi

Tnsumi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Activation Email took forever, but there's still time!

First off, I've been playing around with the RPG Maker series since Don Miguel's RM2k Translation and I've been hooked ever since. Had there been a translation back then I'd have likely been the first person on the East Coast to purchase it :D

As for the holidays, my favorite holiday tradition dates back to my older brother and out cousin starting back when they were still wee lads. They found (like many of us) that it was impossible to get to sleep on Christmas Eve because of all the promises of glory, presents, and fun the next morning would bring (Did I mention the presents? Because they were a pretty important part of the picture!). They devised the most ingenious of plans that on the 23rd of December of each year, they would get together and do everything in their power to stay away for the entirety of the night and the day thereafter. Mind you this resulted often in their inability to stay conscious through supper let alone having to worry about sleeping on Christmas Eve, but hey, it worked!

This evening evolved into a night of festivities between them and a small group of friends, which I was eventually initiated into myself when I was older. They would stay up all night playing board games, video games, sharing stories and jokes, and just generally having a blast while the night drifted on into the early morning rays of light. More importantly, this was a night in which the trading of early Christmas presents was conducted (see, I told you presents were important!). Ever since we have always strived to remain vigilant throughout the night of the 23rd, to ensure that our early presents were met with cheers, beers, laughter and fun, so that on the 24th of December, we'd be too tired to help the family set up for the next day... no, wait, I swear that was an unfortunate coincidence!

Today, the anticipation of December 23rd brings back some of the fond memories of waiting for that early morning of Christmas Day, and it reminds me of what it was like to be a responsibility-free child again, even if for only a night.

My wishlist for the holidays is simple, as I have unfortunately never gotten around to purchasing RPG Maker VX Ace, though have entertained many hours out of the demo, is to have a copy of a Steam VXAce Key, so that I can return to developing games and stories for myself, my friends and my family with the current, most robust version of the software.

My thanks go out to everyone on the development team at Enterbrain for creating this software in the first place, and for deciding to create it for the English audiences once it was evident that such a large demand for it existed. The stories that have come to life because of you are too numerous to count.

11. mewtwomaster33

mewtwomaster33 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Our family traditions are to get up in the morning, unwrap a few presents, have breakfast, unwrap some more presents. We normally go to church afterwards for a while, have lunch, and are trying out our presents. Then, we go back to church for the evening service and have a large big dinner.

My wishlist is:

1)Steam VXAce key(High Priority, because I can't use the tileset without rpg maker)

2)Futuristic tileset

3)10$ store credit

And I would like to thank everyone on the RPG Maker VX Ace team for making such a nice and friendly software for making games easily.

​Merry Christmas.

12. Lunarea

Winner #10:

mlogan - wins Arabian Nights Resource Pack

13. Lowell

Lowell The Walking Atelier Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Direct link to Gift 8 is broken, the link to the Download Center worked for me though.

14. - Aërendyll -

- Aërendyll - Noodle arms Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch / Aenese
    My favorite holiday tradition is putting up a Christmas tree. I really like decorating the tree with lights and subtle decorations - I'm not one to go overboard with all the decorations I can find, but instead choose to make it match the atmosphere I want to bring into the room where it stands. This year I happen to have a white, fake tree, since there's not a lot of snow in my country and I wanted to try something different. It has been a gift from my mother and whenever I turn it on, it really makes the room feel warmer, despite it being white. That really makes me feel less alone ever since moving out - it hasn't been that long since I got my own apartment. So in a way, it resembles the close bond I have with my family, even at the times when they aren't here to celebrate christmas with me.

My wishlist:

1: Steam VX Ace key (one I can gift to a friend - I already own Ace)

2: $10 store credit

3: Futuristic Tiles (gift for a friend if I win these)

Thanks to:

Lunarea and Despain, for giving us tiles to decorate our maps with, along with Lunarea's lovely icons,

Scinaya, for the impressive reindeer battlers,

PandaMaru, for the various winter and christmas battlers,

Yami and Archeia_Nessiah, for their hard work on their useful scripts,

Timmah, for the nice animations,

them and the rest of the staff for their efforts to keep this site going,

the Member+ subscribers for their generous donations

and finally everyone on this site together, whether staff or member, for keeping this wonderful community alive!

Travatar likes this.
  15. crimcrim

crimcrim :d Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ...this got like 400 replies in 10 minutes wat

16. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English
    I know right? This topic got hot faster than... I can't even compare it to anything now.

17. austinsola321

austinsola321 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is when we would go to my aunt mares on Christmas eve and all opened up presents and have a big dinner and just the whole family would get together. I can't wait for 4 more days when it happens again.

My wish list is the steam key, the credits, and the futuristic tile set.

I'd like to thank all rpg maker developers and even the consumers of the product for supporting this product cumunity.

Merry Christmas to all and thank you for reading my post :)

18. austinsola321

austinsola321 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is when we would go to my aunt mares on Christmas eve and all opened up presents and have a big dinner and just the whole family would get together. I can't wait for 4 more days when it happens again.

My wish list is the steam key, the credits, and the futuristic tile set.

I'd like to thank all rpg maker developers and even the consumers of the product for supporting this product cumunity.

Merry Christmas to all and thank you for reading my post :)

19. DS Piron

DS Piron Bystander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congrats mlogan!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  20. shotgunz25

shotgunz25 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Opening presents which in it is a surprize (also what you want) and giving to see their happy faces

Wishlist:

1.Futuristic tileset

2.Samurai set

3.Steam VXAce key

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.