Happy Holidays Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sales_Kital

Sales_Kital Digidestand Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    congrats mlogan

2. NuclearSqworms

NuclearSqworms Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite Christmas tradition is going to Manhattan, seeing the Christmas tree in Rockefeller plaza and buying all of the after Christmas specials! Plus seeing a play on Broadway and all the fun stuff that comes with visiting the big city! There is something special about NY during the holidays!!!!

My wish list for Christmas is. . . .

High fantasy set or The Deep Add-on

Arabian Nights or Modern Day set

A music album from Kain or RM3 music

Happy Holidays!

3. Dr.Yami

Dr.Yami 。◕‿◕。 Developer

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Oho there are collab scripts. Merry Christmas, and congrats who win the prizes :D

ShinGamix likes this.
  4. Jaide

Jaide "This guy are sick." Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love the Mayan theme on some of the presents. XD That ziggurat especially is super neat. Great job on that, Despain!

5. Blackheart

Blackheart Developer in Training Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My Favorite Holiday tradition is when everyone in my house wakes up, we brew up some coffee and videotape opening our presents, never gets old, when I was a kid I would get stomach aches from the coffee but I was always so excited from the presents that I didn't care.

My wishlist includes these:

1.Modern Day Set

2.Futuristic Set

3.Steam VXAce key

My First post here by the way... patiently awaiting my Boxed copy in the mail haha... Gonna gift one copy to my friend and hopefully start a project with him.

Happy Holidays to all and I hope to be a very active community member here from now on ^_^

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  6. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aww, thanks! I'm excited to see this!

Thanks again to staff for putting this together. The freebies are fantastic!

7. Micahdude9

Micahdude9 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure if this is already done, but...

My favorite holiday tradtion is when I used to go to my grandad's house for Christmas. It was so magical and great to hang out with him. He had some channels on his TV (unlike us) so it was the only time I could watch Spongebob which I fell in love with.

The three prizes I like the best are:

1. Steam VXAce Key

2. Samurai Resources

3. Futuristic Resources

Even though I just joined, which I have been thinking about, and I decided to join now because of this sweepstakes, I noticed visiting

this forum that the staff and members are all great and they work hard to make this forum friendly to just about anyone.

Thank you guys.

8. Palsa

Palsa General of Aurda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition, is probably sitting down with the family to a hot cup of wassail in the evening. ^_^

For wishlist: Samurai set, Modern Day set, and Arabian Nights set.

For thanks: Lunarea, Scinaya, Yami, Archeia_Nessiah, Despain, PandaMaru, Timmah; and any more that I may have missed, for their amazing works and incredible generosity; as well as the staff from all the RPG Makers, for creating such awesome and easy to learn software. ^_^

9. wanjizheng

wanjizheng Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition is stay in my house and play PC game ^^

My wishlist:

1. Steam VXAce Key

2. Samurai Resources

3. Futuristic Resources

Thanks to: All the people who build this software. It really make a lot of RPG funs enable to create their own dream ^^

10. deilin

deilin Ranger/Elementalist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How long is THIS event going, since I worked most of the day? is it still going on?

11. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Yes, deilin. Still 20 minutes left until the very last gift and giveaway. :)

12. Jaide

Jaide "This guy are sick." Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh, nevermind! I was wrong. :3

13. thatmrbadger

thatmrbadger ThatMrBadger Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My favorite holiday tradition is on Christmas eve, my dad's side of the family gets together and we all watch 2 or 3 movies until midnight or so, open one present and go out to breakfast.

My wishlist is:

1. RPG Maker VX Ace key for Steam

2. $10 Store Credit

3. High Fantasy Pack

I would like to thank all the mods for keeping order in the forums, I would like to thank the devs for all the hard work they do on resource packs and updates, the writers for all the scripts and help, and last but not least, I would like to thank all the Member+ members, for sharing all their goodies with those of us that don't have them, yet.

14. Evan G.

Evan G. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm not really into holiday traditions, but RPG Maker 3 reminds me of winter for some reason, so I like playing it close to the holidays. The snow theme always gets me. Not sure if that counts.

Wishlist: RPG Maker 3 Music Pack.

Thanks to:

-Lunarea, for always remaining civil, no matter how heated topics get. And also for the tiles, of course.

-Scinaya, for drawing nice reindeer.

-Yami and Nessiah, because releasing free commercial scripts is awesome.

-Despain, because I like roofs and stairs.

-PandaMaru. Great job on the battlers, especially in the shading department.

-Timmah, who put time and effort into animating for this.

-TouchFuzzy, for communicating openly and honestly with the community.

-Nathaniel B., for working so hard to increase the market for RPG Maker outside of Japan.

-Member+ members, for supporting the RPG Maker series.

15. Zephar

Zephar Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition has changed over the years. As a kid, getting up in the morning and opening my presents was probably my favorite tradition. As a teenager my favorite tradition was when my family would go away for the holidays, leaving me at home to get into all kinds of trouble. Now, as a married man with kids of my own, my favorite tradition is spending time with the family, cooking a nice dinner, and just enjoying the time we have together.

Happy Holidays everyone!

My wishlist: A copy of RPG Maker! Thanks, Santa!

16. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Favorite tradtion #2

Seeing people who you haven't seen from for a long time

Wish list

Future Pack

Hug From Lunarea

Grandma Deb to make me some milk and Cookies.

Someone willing to teach me to script for ace.

Thanks part 2

Thanks to Despain for putting up with me this year.

17. Doomsnail

Doomsnail Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Wow, what great prizes! I just picked up VX Ace from this site (wanted devs to get the full % instead of the Steam cut) and I am hooked.

I unintentionally started a tradition only a few years ago. I had no idea what to get my parents, so I picked up a copy of "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein. I read it a ton as a kid and loved it.

Christmas morning, I started to read it aloud for my parents when I inexplicably started crying. I realized the story takes on a completely different meaning as you age and gain perspective of the true meaning of the book.

I read it every Christmas now (or as much as I can before crying) and there is not a dry eye in the house. Go to a bookstore and read it. See if your perspective has changed.

Oh, the prizes! Tough to say what would benefit me the most...

1. RM3 music!

2. Futuristic tileset!

3. Go tell your parents, "Thanks for putting up with me."

Speaking of thanks...staff, forum, contributors, devs (past, present, and future) for giving your time to make ours more fun! Great resources, all of it.

Merry Christmas.

Travatar likes this.
  18. REWTjm

REWTjm Piercer of the Heavens Member

First Language:
    English
    One of my favoirte Christmas traditions is that my brother and I celebrate the season by drawing "Christmas Special" editions of our own comics. We each have a small world's worth of characters that we draw in their individual comic series, and it's always nice to write a collective story with a group of them all together. Granted, they are usually only 2 or 3 pages long, and are packed with tons of inside jokes we have created over the years, but it's still one of my favorite parts of the holiday season.

Also, in recent years, I have been wanting to created a story with a "twist" on the typical holiday theme. I've written a few short stories combining Christmas with "Twilight Zone-esque" twists to them, and have been toying with the idea of writing a tale of Santa as a sort of "Winter Sage" as it were. If I'm so blessed as to receive a key for RPG Maker VX Ace, I think it would be a perfect opportunity to begin laying down some of these ideas into a communicable medium. Thanks for reading!

Wishlist:

1. RPG Maker VX Ace

2. Future DLC

3. Samurai DLC

Just another thanks to all the contributors for the freebies (those alone are going to help a lot for my game's development)! :)

19. scarletdevilist

scarletdevilist Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday tradition: Waking up in the morning to find the massive presents under the tree with family. Take a good look outside to see the Christmas morning sky, and children riding on their new bikes. While taking a drink of eggnog and yummy cinnamon twists.

My Wishlist: RPG Maker VX Ace, Modern Day Set. That's pretty much it!

Thanks to: The staff of RPG Maker, and the people that have made this event possible. I really love RPG Maker 2003, and would really love to have VX Ace and I think the developers did an amazing job creating this, and making this possible! Thank you so much! :)

20. HowlingSoldierofFenrir

HowlingSoldierofFenrir Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite holiday

tradition is ..

Going out two weeks before Christmas to get our tree and then go out for lunch..

My wishlist:

1.Futuristic tileset

2. High fantasy

3. Arabian Nights tileset

Thanks to:

Lunarea for all her wonderful contributions to the community

Celianna for all her amazing tilesets

Everyone in the RPG maker community

for all the games that have been made and all the ones in progress

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.