RMMV Haroldry (Short RPG, Play In Browser)

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title_2.png

Join Harold and friends for one last adventure before retirement!

A few questionable fishcakes and a few miles down the road, Harold is overcome by a fever.

There's a witch nearby, but help isn't always what it seems...

Haroldry is a short RPG (typical playtime is 15 minutes) featuring the default crew: Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, pitted against an ageold adversary bent on vengeance.

This game is my submission to the Harold's Last Stand Game Jam on Itch.

You can play Haroldry in your browser HERE.

You can check out all of the other great submissions HERE.

haroldry_sc1new.PNG

haroldry_sc2new.png

haroldry_sc_3.PNG

haroldry_sc5.PNG

**Time Fantasy: Japan resource pack from finalbossblues (Degica Co., LTD)

**Cover Art Characters Pack - KADOKAWA

**Add-on Series - KADOKAWA

**Harold and Therese character faces and Title art from Archeia

**Marsha Erin Character Pack - Degica

**Hiroki Kikuta's THE FURY

**Hiroki Kikuta's THE CALM

**Special thanks to @Kupotepo for playtesting, and to Neuralsplyce for a great idea!

Last edited:

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried it out in honor of Harold!
It was very cute and funny, and I enjoyed playing it. Making fun of clichés and fantasy tropes can be a bit of a tired joke in itself but in this game they almost always landed.

Expecially in the slime genocide trial, where you can actually concede all points. I also laughed out loud at the twist ending

Only thing I noticed was that the description for Harold's triple strike says it hits only two enemies. It does seem to hit three enemies, so I guess the description is wrong?

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for playing @Canini !!

Glad you enjoyed some of the humor, I really appreciate the postiive feedback :)

I'm working on a 2.0 release incorporating a bunch of feedback and ideas I got during the Jam, and I'll be sure to update the Triple Strike description. I ran out of time well before I ran out of things to make better lol.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildsky