RMMV Haroldry (Short RPG, Play In Browser)

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title_2.png

Join Harold and friends for one last adventure before retirement!

A few questionable fishcakes and a few miles down the road, Harold is overcome by a fever.

There's a witch nearby, but help isn't always what it seems...

Haroldry is a short RPG (typical playtime is 15 minutes) featuring the default crew: Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, pitted against an ageold adversary bent on vengeance.

This game is my submission to the Harold's Last Stand Game Jam on Itch.

You can play Haroldry in your browser HERE.

You can check out all of the other great submissions HERE.

haroldry_sc1new.PNG

haroldry_sc2new.png

haroldry_sc_3.PNG

haroldry_sc5.PNG

**Time Fantasy: Japan resource pack from finalbossblues (Degica Co., LTD)

**Cover Art Characters Pack - KADOKAWA

**Add-on Series - KADOKAWA

**Harold and Therese character faces and Title art from Archeia

**Marsha Erin Character Pack - Degica

**Hiroki Kikuta's THE FURY

**Hiroki Kikuta's THE CALM

**Special thanks to @Kupotepo for playtesting, and to Neuralsplyce for a great idea!

Last edited:

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried it out in honor of Harold!
It was very cute and funny, and I enjoyed playing it. Making fun of clichés and fantasy tropes can be a bit of a tired joke in itself but in this game they almost always landed.

Expecially in the slime genocide trial, where you can actually concede all points. I also laughed out loud at the twist ending

Only thing I noticed was that the description for Harold's triple strike says it hits only two enemies. It does seem to hit three enemies, so I guess the description is wrong?

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for playing @Canini !!

Glad you enjoyed some of the humor, I really appreciate the postiive feedback :)

I'm working on a 2.0 release incorporating a bunch of feedback and ideas I got during the Jam, and I'll be sure to update the Triple Strike description. I ran out of time well before I ran out of things to make better lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wagemuts