Has anyone received an email from google.com lately?

siuleeboss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,
I have several rmmv works on GooglePlay, and I recently received an email from google.com.
The content is roughly saying that I have noticed some of my products and want to conduct strategic cooperation.
How reliable is this email?

MoonBunny

:^)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds suspicious, but I can't say anything with certainty unless I saw the email. If you end up posting it, be sure to censor any sensitive info relating to you.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you gave names of your games from Google Play? I didn't found much games made in RM on Google Play... Would love to check them.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have noticed some of my products and want to conduct strategic cooperation.
emails like this came up once a year or so in the past, and in most cases were really suspicious.

Ask yourself a question:
do your games on google play have any form of high sales? And that means more than a few thousand downloads or a few hundred dollars?

If you don't have anything really substantial out there, then there is only one way how it could have come to the attention of anyone: that company is looking for inexperienced small developers that don't have the experience or resources to detect and handle frauds using their work.

Never forget: companies always want to make money for themselves, and won't be interested in no names unless to exploit them. It might be that they are willing to give you some minor tokens, but most of what they do is for themselves.

siuleeboss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can click on my Profile banner and it will jump directly to my google play page.
Can you gave names of your games from Google Play? I didn't found much games made in RM on Google Play... Would love to check them.

Because the email mentions that she is an official google employee, and the domain name of the email is indeed @google.com
I don't know if non-google official can also use the email address of @google.com
Sounds suspicious, but I can't say anything with certainty unless I saw the email. If you end up posting it, be sure to censor any sensitive info relating to you.
emails like this came up once a year or so in the past, and in most cases were really suspicious.

Ask yourself a question:
do your games on google play have any form of high sales? And that means more than a few thousand downloads or a few hundred dollars?

If you don't have anything really substantial out there, then there is only one way how it could have come to the attention of anyone: that company is looking for inexperienced small developers that don't have the experience or resources to detect and handle frauds using their work.

Never forget: companies always want to make money for themselves, and won't be interested in no names unless to exploit them. It might be that they are willing to give you some minor tokens, but most of what they do is for themselves.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the domain name of the email is indeed @google.com
email adresses can be faked. never assume that an unknown person sending that email has the adress given, especially if you're told to not answer to the email but click on a contact link.

go through your google play account to contact google for confirmation, and do NOT click on anything inside that email to get to that account (they might direct you to a fake google site to steal your account details when you try to login)

siuleeboss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
email adresses can be faked. never assume that an unknown person sending that email has the adress given, especially if you're told to not answer to the email but click on a contact link.

go through your google play account to contact google for confirmation, and do NOT click on anything inside that email to get to that account (they might direct you to a fake google site to steal your account details when you try to login)
Thank you for your help,
I wrote to google and confirmed that the email was indeed sent by the official google team

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SSSR