Has anyone seen VX Ace Generator Parts for MV?

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had been dinking around with VX Ace before Christmas, on my grandpa's computer, but when my family surprised me with a computer for Christmas, I switched over to MV...
I had SEVERAL characters that I adored in the VX Ace project, and i would love to rebuild them the way that they WERE, in MV. I don't want to have to change them, or buy VX Ace just to be able to build a project that I had already been working on...
So, has anyone seen MV versions of the generator pieces for VX Ace?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was the Ace version that you were "dinking around with" a trial version? If so, you would need to purchase Ace in order to use the Ace generator pieces in MV. That's the terms of use - you can use resources from one engine in another engine, only if you legally own both.

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But they didn't seem like they would fit with MV. MV has a different view of the character's face than VX Ace did.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I think it would be easier if you showed/told us which generator parts from Ace you're looking for in MV style.

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hair, clothes, cloaks and accessories...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think there is some confusion.

MV has a completely different style and size to Ace. Ace generator parts would only be available for MV if someone redrew them all, or resized them all. If they did, you would still need a legal copy of Ace to use them, because they're based on / edits of Ace resources.

If they didn't, then you're limited to what's available in MV.

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I understood the first two, but I find it annoying that I would essentially need to have two creation engines in order to create characters for one.

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most of the pieces I've seen from vx ace have been redone closely by maig memple, except clothes...most of which can be approximated with the generator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan