knightron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For those that don't know, ToastyTime is a Youtube channel that previously focused on RPG Maker games.
He's very critical quite often but rightfully so in my opinion.
Occasionally I disagree but if anything turns me off it's the clown behaviour he adopts during his game break downs. I'm pretty sure this is his attempt at incorporating a comedic break from his analytic tear downs but for me it just comes off as cringy. Over looking that, I always thought his content and prospective was quite on point.
He no longer makes RPG Maker game reviews.
I begun thinking, If he's got 'the right idea' on how to make games, I'd like to try one to see what he has to offer.
Has ToastyTime put his money where his mouth is? I'd love to try a demo of one of his games.

Last edited:

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Call me cynical, but I was a bit skeptical of this post - it sort of came off as some person (presumably "Toasty") sock puppetting in an effort to get more people to look up this person...not adding a link to this guy's stuff certainly doesn't help the case.

Anyways, to sniff out whether this was a sock puppet trap or not, I looked it up, and it seems legit.

This video here...... (mind you, it's the first video I've ever watched of this guy)

...He says he's "just an outsider involved with the community", which to me sounds like he's just a guy who plays games but has no interest in making games (or at least RPG Maker games). SGHarlekin proved me wrong. See below.
And for the record, I agree with your post: the trite avatar and a lot of the humor...honestly reminds me of myself when I tried do anime reviews many years ago on Youtube...or, in other words; yeah, it's kinda cringe. But, remarkably I share similar opinions with him and I wanted to talk about some of these points in an upcoming video of my own.

Last edited:

knightron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Call me cynical, but I was a bit skeptical of this post - it sort of came off as some person (presumably "Toasty") sock puppetting in an effort to get more people to look up this person...not adding a link to this guy's stuff certainly doesn't help the case.

Haha, I'm definitely not a puppet mate. I am making my own game. I'm 33 years old and have been developing my game in my mind since I was 17. I begun working on my game when I was 20 in a cracked version of RPG Maker XP. I didn't get very far as it caused issues in my relationship at the time and I stopped working on it. My game still existed in my mind though. I now own a license for RPG Maker, 2k3, XP, MV, and MZ.
despite developing my game a long time ago, I have had long breaks and restarted development a few times meaning that I have made very little progress.
The new update to MZ, 1.5.0 has really inspired me to get my ass back into gear again and I've been full steam ahead trying to make the visuals of my game somewhat unique. I am defintly not a puppet of that Youtube channel though, because despite being pashionate about my project, ToastyTime talks about unique hooks at 5:38, and one of the things my game has is a fairly cliche story. It is my twist and I don't intend to change it. If people don't like that then so be it.

There you go.
Thank you for that. I will try that out.

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let us know what you think. of course it's not an rpg, so "putting his money where his mouth is" is subjective here.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/
Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edujandro