Have any online gaming plugin for rmmv?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by aroha, Oct 13, 2019.

1. aroha

aroha Villager Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I want to make an Android card game that can be Online battle in the game. Is there any plugin suitable?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    not really - you'll have to rewrite a lot of the engine because it is not intended for multiplayer.
    and you'll need to add server-sided security (which is completely outside the engine) for data exchange (which also doesn't exist by default).
    and third this needs to be custom-coded because each such server will only work for a specific combination of battle-engine-plugins. Because any change to the battlesystem will change the required data exchange, and none of the existing battlesystem plugins is designed to handle such an exchange.

yes, it is possible - but not easy and I don't know of any existing plugin for that. (especially because of the custom battle combination problem)

3. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As Andar said, no "plugin" exists that magically enables multi-player. All plugins in RPG Maker MV are client-side part of your project, and doing multi-player requires a server to manage interactions between players. You'll have to create the server-side logic yourself and it's not easy (I know, I've done it).

You're going to have to be:
    1. Willing to roll your sleeves up and learn how to code in X language for the server (it can be written in many languages)
    2. Willing to pay somebody to write the server logic, which can be quite expensive
    I'd recommend looking at this as a starting point:
    https://github.com/Nelderson/MV_Online

That's about as much hand-holding as possible, but it will still take quite some work on your side to get it up and running.