HAve Characters Join a Party in a Scene.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Andreaus-Whitefyre, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreaus-Whitefyre

Andreaus-Whitefyre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok so I have the Characters sitting on couches. then the big monster comes through the portal, and the characters scatter. One Chaarcter gets smacked around, they say they need to join up and I have it set up to do so. Heres my problem.

Main Character started out on Space A, and in the course of events moved to space E. Sub Character B moves to join and the sprite properly disappears and Should.. I say SHOULD be part of the party using the Change party add member option. However, The new Party member's sprite does not appear on space E, but instead back on space A where Main Character used to be. Same thing happens with Sub Character C. I am not quite sure how to fix this.

they both need to be on Space E stacked with the Main Character

2. xoferew

xoferew Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    When someone joins the party you don't have to tell them where to be, they will be with the leader automatically. Do you have "show player followers" checked ON in the system tab of the database?

3. Andreaus-Whitefyre

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes I do. Let me grab a Screen shot.
    upload_2019-8-13_16-14-17.png

The Redhead with the Headset is the Main Character. Where the brown haired girl with the blue clothing is is where she started. She the ran down to the space where she is now. The Party members appeared up where they are instead of right behind her.

4. xoferew

xoferew Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Are you doing a movement route to send the joining character right up to the main character's current position and then erasing the joining character's graphic and doing Change Party Member to add the joining one? Is the white haired character blocking the joining character's move route?

5. Andreaus-Whitefyre

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In Order, the White haired character Moves and Joins first, then the old sprite disappears and gets sent far off to the right invisibly into the black area. The Blue clothed girl then goes second. So no, they should not be blocking each other. The White haired boy spawns where the blue clothed girl is and then he moves down one space when the Blue haired girl spawns in.

Here I made a small video showing whats wrong.

Maybe this helps a bit better. I feel like my explanation may not be good enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2019
  6. xoferew

xoferew Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, when you say the white haired sprite disappears and gets sent somewhere, how are you making her disappear? You should have a second page for her with no graphic that triggers when for instance the switch Joined is ON. Then it can just sit there for all eternity.

7. Morpheus

Morpheus Graphic Designer Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It sounds to me like you want them to stack on the main character and then join the party as they do so.

Set their sprites to Through ON in the Set Movement Route options. (This will make it so they go through anything, ala your main character)

Then have them walk on top the Main Character and use the Change Party Member command to add them and then lastly, use the Transparent ON option in the Set Movement Route to make them invisible.
    OR
    Just use a Switch or Self Switch to turn off their sprite.

If you want their sprites to show next to the main character when they're added to the party, use the Gather Followers option in Tab 2 of the Event Commands tab.

Andreaus-Whitefyre likes this.
  8. Andreaus-Whitefyre

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Morpheus THAT!!! Exactly that!

Thank you.

Thank you both. You guys are awesome!

THAT WORKED!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2019
  9. Morpheus

Morpheus Graphic Designer Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Like my post if it helped please :)

Also you seem to be making a ton of help threads. You can message me with any questions you have, even if you just need help setting up an event.

10. Andreaus-Whitefyre

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yea I am because I work a bit, get stuck, work a bit, get stuck. I can't like it enough. PM incoming btw.

11. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I merged some of your posts as we prefer you to use the edit button instead of reply directly under your post. Keeps the thread neater.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.