Have Party Members Stay Put During Player Move Route

2d_quest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure how I should do this but, I want to have an have the other party members stay where they are while the player does a move route which at the end returns the player where he was.  Even if I turned off the party members and used events once I turned the members back on they would be in the wrong place.  Is it possible to freeze the followers' position or set the xy cords of the party members to keep them the same as they were before the move route?  I want to have the move route in a common event because I want to do this numerous times in my game.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well whenever I have party members that aren't supposed to follow the player. I do set different events, these events would remove said characters from party and at the end of the event the would rejoin the player. Plus to rid of these events there must be a switch that turns them off, if you want them to move somewhere you will have to set a move route for these events individually to get hem in a certain place.

I hope that helps. ;)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you use this script

http://www.himeworks.com/2013/12/07/follower-move-routes/

You can enable or disable "leader chasing" by creating a follower move route and create a move route script call command

chase_leader(false)This will stop the specified follower from chasing after whoever it's following.You can enable leader chasing when you want them to follow again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zjjnwgd