RMMV Have two fixed actors as overworld overworld sprites but have different for battles. (with CustomPartyLeader.js))

Intervention

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making a monster tamer game similar to Pokemon and alike. In RPG Maker the overworld actors are always those who are in the current troop. But since my tamers aren´t actively participating in battle I need to do a work around.
So far I´ve been working with Himes Custom Party Leader Plugin and have given every monster in the game the overworld sprite of assistant. This works fine for the most part but this causes problem if you want to change the second member to a different sprite.
So im asking is there an extension to this mechanic? Can someone change the plugin so the the only sprite you can change isn´t the leader but rather the whole overworld team?
And as a bonus question I´ve tried some plugins to load a common event upon starting. This way I don´t have to place the common event to change the party leader onto every map but I was unsuccessful. Any ideas?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you tried yanfly utility common events?
could run event every time close menu or finish a battle.
just make the common event and then set plugin parameters with that event's ID

Intervention

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I´ve already tried this with the load game setting and it didn´t work but I will try it this way as well

Intervention

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I tried it out this way and while my actor changes once i press the menu but I need it as soon as the player starts the game. I assume that the load option is only if you load a save file and not when you create a new file

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ya the load option would be load save file.
for new game you would have to do it as an autorun event on the 1st map

Intervention

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ya the load option would be load save file.
for new game you would have to do it as an autorun event on the 1st map
You´re right I should just do it that way. Do you anyway to transform the second actor as well?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm on YouTube moderating for an America's Funniest Home Videos livestream. They love having me there and I know spam when I see it. Tonight I had to put 3 different people in time out due to them spamming random letters. Nobody else could chat with their messages in the way!
Mist_new.png
Some WIP of Mist's newest sprites! Tutorials are awesome and very useful!
The RPG Maker community really is the best. It's so wholesome, kind, and helpful, unlike other communities on the internet, Love all you guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bamionic