Randold

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using Yanfly's message core for moving my textboxes to a different place on the screen, as well as to have more rows displayed. However, I've discovered that if you have your max rows set to a high number (15 in my case) and have to text box commands in a row in the event editor, instead of waiting for your input and then displaying the next textbox like the game would without the plugin, it will instead display the text from the next textbox right after the text from the first one. If there's a Show Choices command after the textbox in the event editor it works as intended, first displaying the text, then waiting for the player input and only then displaying the next textbox. If i put any command between the textboxes, the textbox will dissapear and then reappear again, and i'd like it to stay on the screen the way it does when you're making a choice. Is there any way to manually separate them, having the second one only appear after the first one was displayed and the player has pressed the action button (without making the textbox dissapear from the screen)?
Attaching an imgur album for clarity -

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Moved to Plug-in Support

That is intended behavior for the plug-in. You told it to use 15 rows and since you can only have 4 in a show text command it looks at the next few commands to get 15 rows. If you don't want that to happen you will need to use less rows.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol
Lil' sketch I drew of Nico di Angelo :)
The spooky boi himself ♥
Nico sketch by Artemis Yates.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaracsuss