Have updates for MV finished?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by VisitorsFromDreams, Jul 9, 2019.

1. VisitorsFromDreams

VisitorsFromDreams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Edit: I have been informed a more appropriate title would be have updates for MV finished?

This is just a general curiosity question but RPGMV hasnt been updated since June last year, are there no further planned updates for the engine? Patches were coming pretty frequently so the stop has been quite jarring, especially considering how much optimisation exports for platforms outside of the windows environment, particularly OSX could still use.

If not I can only assume that MV's successor is atleast a couple of years into development.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You might like to consider changing your topic title. MV is still supported, as is XP, VX, VX Ace, 2000/2003. I think you mean something like "Has updating for MV finished?"

Also, as this has nothing to do with a query about actually making a game, it is better over in Product Discussion and Support.

Moving this.

3. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From what I have heard, there will be at least one more large update. We've been waiting for PIXI 5.

peq42_ likes this.
  4. VisitorsFromDreams

VisitorsFromDreams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Apologies for the thread placement. I cant change the title of the thread but I have edited the initial post to better reflect the question.

A full 12 months is a long time to wait for an update. The PIXI 5 point is interesting, thats a very specific piece of hardware to be waiting for.

5. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've heard somewhere that v1.7 is planned for multi-touch or something.

6. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the support of all engine (except for cases like GG Maker) is still given Enterbrain/kadokawa/degica service support even to this day (including updates). plus the community support of scripts and assets still hasn't stopped.

7. Nekohime1989

Nekohime1989 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @VisitorsFromDreams you should be able to edit the tile if you go to the top of the thread. If that doesn't work. You can report the first post and ask for a the thread title to be changed.

8. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    You can upgrade Pixi manually, it's not difficult, but but dunno if the editor uses pixi "hope not" which then yea would have to wait for an update.
    I do remember upgrading pixi 2-3 or was it 4? But it took a lot of time to get done correctly.

I do think he was referring to updates to the engine, not support in general. Still cool to see RM2k/3 supported which is awesome since 2k is nearing 20 years right now.

9. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rukiri So far the only PIXI updates I've been able to do without any work in the MV engine whatsoever were updates since MV 1.5.1, which had PIXI 4.5.4. MV 1.4.0, which had PIXI 4.4.1, would crash on me if I tried to update PIXI.

Anyway, these were the words of one of the devs of the engine as well as of PIXI, Ivan Popelyshev. They were waiting for PIXI v5 to develop another huge version of MV. So I reckon we're in for another plugin breaking update :D

10. peq42_

peq42_ Yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese(BR)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well if we take a look at this thread MV's core scripts(which are the real engine making the game run) are on version 1.2 currently, with version 1.3 and 1.3b released on github, although not yet released anywhere else(be it steam or through rpgmakerweb website). So there are plans for future updates, and at least 1 already made, but due to how long it has been since the last one and how old MV is, I wouldn't expect new versions after 1.7, unless they're security updates or critical bug fixes.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019