Having A Character Skill Learn Choices Actually Function?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
So I recently wanted to implement a 'choice' in RPGMMV where you can teach one character one new move and another character a totally different move. (This was a choice commonly found in Legend of Legaia.) The problem is once the characters 'learn' of said move (or make the choice by talking to the NPC teaching them said skill choices) whenever I go to the Main Menu to confirm what those skills are, the skills are clearly not visible.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make sure they're of the skill type a character can use in battle.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Make sure they're of the skill type a character can use in battle.
I'll see if that helps.

I even tested one of the skills using another character before, and I even made sure the skill in question was something they can learn in their class and it worked fine. But when a different character is learning it from an NPC, it seems to be a whole different ballpark.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It works fine for me, as long as the skill type it uses is actually set in the class of that actor. Remember that each class can have different skill types available to them, so what works in one class might not work with others

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
It works fine for me, as long as the skill type it uses is actually set in the class of that actor. Remember that each class can have different skill types available to them, so what works in one class might not work with others

I'll see if it works in the system. I placed the Skills in question in the 'Battle Screen' so I may know what is going on once I see them in action.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you actually show us the actor/class tab of the actor you're doing this on, the skill tab of the skill in question, and the event page which makes the actor learn the skill?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Can you actually show us the actor/class tab of the actor you're doing this on, the skill tab of the skill in question, and the event page which makes the actor learn the skill?

Sure thing:
unknown.png

The choice in question.
unknown.png

The code for said choice.
unknown.png

First Class's Skill Set
unknown.png

Second Class's Skill Set
unknown.png

Skill for Alchemist
unknown.png

Skill for Demon Warrior
unknown.png

Demon Warrior in question
unknown.png

Alchemist in Question

I hope this is useful. I may have coded it wrong.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
You mean this thing?
Sort of? I am glad there is a Plug-in to let NPCs teach actors how to do stuff so it'll be easier for someone that doesn't really program how to code but this kind of thing doesn't exactly require the Player to have to pay the NPC in question anything. It is more like how NPCs teach the cast in Legend of Legaia new Arts:
PLAYSTATION--Legend%20of%20Legaia_Apr13%2014_31_27.png

Something sort of simplified where you can just get the skill for free. Once again, I am happy there is a PlugIn for this, but the PlugIn shows you have to pay for it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So heres the thing, your demon warrior class only has "Skill Type Magic" but your Black Shuck is of type "Special".. Thats why it doesnt show.

You need to add the Skill Type "Special" to any class that can learn Black Shuck or change the skill type of Black Shuck to something that your classes have..

This goes for any skill that you want to learn, the class needs to have the appropriate skill type in their Traits box. Without the appropriate skill type activated for that character, any skill of that type added wont show in their skill list.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
So heres the thing, your demon warrior class only has "Skill Type Magic" but your Black Shuck is of type "Special".. Thats why it doesnt show, you need to add the Skill Type "Special" to any class that can learn Black Shuck or change the skill type of Black Shuck to something that your classes have.. This goes for any skill that you want to learn, the class needs to have the appropriate skill type in their Traits box.
This is slightly more helpful. Thanks a lot!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That is practically what Milennin already told you, I just expanded on it after seeing your screenshots.. xD

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also, if your demon warrior should only learn Black Shuck from the NPC, dont put it on their Skill to Learn box because thats for skills that they should learn when they level up

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Also, if your demon warrior should only learn Black Shuck from the NPC, dont put it on their Skill to Learn box because thats for skills that they should learn when they level up
That makes a lot more sense. I'll see if that helps.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It wont help your problem, what it will do is that it will stop your DW from automatically learning BS once he gets to level 5, because thats what that setting does. That would mean that he will only learn BS if you use an event to do it, which afaik is what you want to do anyway.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
It wont help your problem, what it will do is that it will stop your DW from automatically learning BS once he gets to level 5, because thats what that setting does. That would mean that he will only learn BS if you use an event to do it, which afaik is what you want to do anyway.
afaik?

Makes sense. I'll see if that works better.

EDIT: Thanks again @Engr. Adiktuzmiko and @Milennin for helping me. Now I need to wait for the admin to lock this thread.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starnumb