Having a Conflict with Yanfly's Party system and Victors ATB system

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Psychronic, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Psychronic

Psychronic Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys I am having a conflict between Yanfly's Party system and Victor's ATB system. I can't use Yanfly's ATB system because I use Victor's battle motions plugin.

In my game there's a maximum of 6 characters in a battle party, but more than 6 characters in your team (kind of like Suikoden with 100 characters).

When I play my game in battle testing mode I run into this error straight away. If I play through the game, I don't run into the error at all until I've added the 7th party member. I am guessing I run into the problem in battle test mode because it's faked as "all the characters you have are in your team" or something to that effect.

Wondering if anybody else has encountered this error. The error does go away if I disable Yanfly's party system, but then I am only able to have 4 team members max instead of 6.

I am either looking for a patch or a workaround of some kind to get these plugins working together, or I need an alternative to Yanfly's ATB or Victors ATB, or Yanfly's party system.

Screenshot_9.png

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Psychronic

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok I did a little more testing on it. It turns out that even if I turn Yanfly's party system off, and hard code the number of max battlers, then it will crash if you have at least one more party member more than the max number of battlers. The problem is definitely with Victor's plugin rather than Yanfly's. Just trying to figure out why this is happening.

Also it doesn't crash at all if I turn the ATB bar off, but obviously I want the ATB bar.

Screenshot_3.jpg

4. Psychronic

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Figured out the issue. I talked with Victor and he helped me find the source of where the issue was, even though I figured out the last bit. If any of you use Victor's ATB plugin and you get this crash if you have more party members than battle members, this is the fix right here (squared off in red).

Screenshot_23.png