cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been having some difficulties with Yanfly's Grid Free Doodads. This has happened throughout the development of my game (I've been using doodads for all of my maps) but I put it to the backburner as it wasn't the most pressing issue. Since I've been doing more animated doodads to polish my game.... it's become a problem.

The issue goes like this: When I have animated doodads triggered by a switch in an event, the animation starts at different frames at random. I would like it to start at the first frame but it won't. I'll attach a picture of my event but I'll explain for further context.

In this particular event I have two hands that come out of side to side graves..... the animation is supposed to be 10 frames but I have it slowed down so this is why the wait animation is longer. Basically I turn on the switch to trigger the animation and then I put a wait command to ensure the animation doesn't get cut off. Then I turn the switch off.

The event here is player touch (action button does the same thing). I step on the event and most of the time the animation doesn't start from the first frame but usually random. It waits the 100 frames and then turns off. I want the animation to start at the first frame but for some reason I can't figure it out.

I hope I'm missing something really obvious but this is something that needs to be fixed asap in terms of development. Does anyone know a fix? Much appreciated to anyone who helps me out :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (68).png
    Screenshot (68).png
    300.6 KB · Views: 4

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could it be simply that the image takes a little while to load before it's visible, so the animation has already cycled through a couple of frames? That might be likely if it's a larger image or has a few frames. Maybe look for a way to preload doodads - even if it means putting the same doodad in a far out-of-the-way spot where the player will never see it, so it's at least loaded when you turn on the switch.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
without more data, it is difficult to guess the cause.

another possibility is that your plugins are in the wrong order - yanfly's plugins are known to cause strange effects if they are in the wrong order.
so please show us screenshots of your plugin manager with all your plugins and their order, and we might be able to point you to other problems.

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could it be simply that the image takes a little while to load before it's visible, so the animation has already cycled through a couple of frames? That might be likely if it's a larger image or has a few frames. Maybe look for a way to preload doodads - even if it means putting the same doodad in a far out-of-the-way spot where the player will never see it, so it's at least loaded when you turn on the switch.
Thanks for responding :)!!! I just tried that but unfortunately the issue persists. I thought the issue could be the multiple frames and larger size but I have an animation later in the game that is only 4 frames and smaller, but the issue still occurs.

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

another possibility is that your plugins are in the wrong order - yanfly's plugins are known to cause strange effects if they are in the wrong order.
so please show us screenshots of your plugin manager with all your plugins and their order, and we might be able to point you to other problems.
Here are the screenshots (Yes I have a lot of plugins lmao). I believe I'm following the correct order that Yanfly suggested on his website (could be wrong) but perhaps it could be another plugin that is causing this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot (69).png
    Screenshot (69).png
    509.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (70).png
    Screenshot (70).png
    395 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (71).png
    Screenshot (71).png
    446.6 KB · Views: 2

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also should mention that another plugin that I use called "Olivia_HorrorEffects" has a similar issue. It creates a glitch effect but when I trigger it there is often a delay and it starts at half of the animation or sometimes the end. Seems to be a universal issue for me.

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I also should mention that another plugin that I use called "Olivia_HorrorEffects" has a similar issue. It creates a glitch effect but when I trigger it there is often a delay and it starts at half of the animation or sometimes the end. Seems to be a universal issue for me.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@cokes1999, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You have posted 4 times in a row here, and quoted both me and Andar twice. And you've posted the same thing in both of the last responses.

You do not need to quote someone when you reply. Just add your comment without quoting.

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz My bad, I assumed I had to click reply to respond to someone.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D
WIP
3t2Xc52pKS7ptwWCFMrSen.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hesena