alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so I have the color set to 0 which should be white but it's coming up as a light yellow is there anything i can do to change that? am I doing it wrong? Can someone help? It would be nice thank you for reading again

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which text is coming up light yellow? Are you using any other plugins that might affect text? Maybe upload a pic of the text box that is causing the issue or your plugin parameters and plugin list.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@xDRAGOONx I'm trying to get the name box to be white and I've set the parameter to 0 which should be white following my window color chart

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check the next to last parameter "Name Box Added Text" if it says: '\c[6]' then it's adding that string to the beginning of the text inside the name box and changing the color to color 6.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@xDRAGOONx oh there it goes also I'd there away to add separate colors for certain name or am I limited to one color?

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could add specific colors to specific names with Yanfly's message macros plugin by making a macro of the color and name but it would show in every text box if that would work for you.

Here's an example of my name macros as well as a macro to reference the party leader, for dynamic npc greeting:
Screenshot 2020-11-28 201422.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alltheyuriz I think you misunderstand how colors work in RMs.

the windowskin picture has a grid of colors that is assigned to numbers.
color 0 is basically the first index in that grid - and it is only white in the default windowskin or in other windowskins that use the same grid in their pictures.

and any place where a text code is given, you can change the number to get it to do something else.
that includes the tag field in the plugin properties mentioned above.
If you don't want to use color number 6 in nametags, then change the property to use another color index - or remove it or add other tags there and so on.
that is the sole purpose of that property - so that you can set the color and font properties for the nametag there without needing to repeat them in every message

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar I am I've only tuckered with it in the past this is the first time I'm actually trying to make a decent game I still don't know how to use variables very well but what I think you are saying is I could put \c[x]\n<name> and it would change the color in the name box? But yes I am using the regular window skin so 0 is white

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, this has nothing to do with variables, only with plugin properties.
that property is like a macro (as the poster above said).
whatever you enter into that property will automatically added to the name box whenever the name box is activated anywhere in the game.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucimountfort