Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all,
As the title says, I'm having a problem with a door. Specifically, this door opens and closes whenever I enter the map. And I say whenever, it doesn't actually do it EVERY time - I feel like some condition is being satisfied through other events that run that causes it to stop, but I really don't know. I have a total of 3 doors on this map set up essentially the same way so I'm not sure why this one wants to be a pain. In addition to THAT problem, these 3 doors all have events that cause the door to open and the house occupant to emerge and go about his business. Sometimes when I go in this door, the dude comes out and blocks the way, freezing the game.
The doors all have 2 pages - the first page is just the normal door open on player touch, the second page is a parallel process that kicks off when the NPCs leave/enter the house during the course of their day. I did notice on one of the doors that 2nd page has a self switch turned on at the end and a 3rd page as well, presumably I had it set up as an autorun at some point and just never removed it. Screenshots below, labeled as they are the first 2 are the door that gives me trouble, the second 2 are from one of the doors that doesn't.

Attachments

• baddoor1.PNG
    baddoor1.PNG
    148.2 KB · Views: 8
  • baddoor2.PNG
    baddoor2.PNG
    148.7 KB · Views: 8
  • gooddoor1.PNG
    gooddoor1.PNG
    162.1 KB · Views: 6
  • gooddoor2.PNG
    gooddoor2.PNG
    149.2 KB · Views: 8

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looks like a classic double-use of switches.

find out where switches 191 and 192 are used, that is what triggers the behaviour.
if the door is operated when you don't expect it, then the switch is ON when you expect it to be off.

make sure to check not only all events on the previous or this map, but also common events and plugins for where else those switches are used.

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looks like a classic double-use of switches.

find out where switches 191 and 192 are used, that is what triggers the behaviour.
if the door is operated when you don't expect it, then the switch is ON when you expect it to be off.

make sure to check not only all events on the previous or this map, but also common events and plugins for where else those switches are used.
I think you hit it on the head. The switches are triggered in a custom move route for the two NPCs. NPC 1 and NPC 2 both trigger this door at different times of the day, and I guess those switches flip even though the move route doesn't take place since entering the map when the daypart switch is on causes them to appear at their designated places (I use Yanfly's Move Route Core plugin). I'm including screenshots of both of their move routes, what would be a better way to make sure those switches are only triggered if the player is already present on the map during the daytime change and not when entering the map after the time has changed?
EDIT: Also adding a GDrive link to the project in case you want to have a closer look:

Attachments

• NPC1-1.PNG
    NPC1-1.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
  • NPC1-2.PNG
    NPC1-2.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
  • NPC2-1.PNG
    NPC2-1.PNG
    32.8 KB · Views: 2
  • NPC2-2.PNG
    NPC2-2.PNG
    32.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I came up with a potential solution but it doesn't seem to be what I need. My thinking here is that I need to find a way to make the move route happen from a conditional branch. I can flip a switch once the NPC is at its destination, and once that switch is on, the move route (and door opening/closing) won't take place anymore. The switch will be flipped back and forth as the NPC goes about its business so it'll be off again when it's time to leave the house in the morning. The problem I'm having is that the move route doesn't want to happen at all unless it's in the custom route section of the event page, and I obviously can't set that to a conditional. @Andar may I lean on your expertise to tell me where I'm going wrong here?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem I'm having is that the move route doesn't want to happen at all unless it's in the custom route section of the event page, and I obviously can't set that to a conditional.
Sure you can, you just make that entire event page have the condition. On the upper left of the event editor you can set the page's condition to switches, self-switches, variables, or a combination thereof. The only thing you can't directly do there is a script call, but you could outsource that to a common event that sets a variable or switch that you then use on the event page.

Then separate out the rest of the event's behavior onto a different page.

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe you set me on the right path here if my initial testing is anything to go by. I'll report this one as solved.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Draw something
Me: No problemo! ''draws something''
Now draw the same thing from a different angle
Me: So....You have discovered my weakness...
I got a new PC... Nothing wrong with my lil laptop at all! Still works great, and I'll be using it for school. But, the specs for gaming were falling off fast. So I was selfish and bought myself a beast of a PC ^-^
Newstuff.PNG

Held hostage in my own house half the day by an old man that cant take hints or read body language, STILL manage to make some pixels! booyah! I should get a promotion!....No wait...I should get a job o_O
Potions are to be hoarded, not used... >_>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coralath