The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
typeerror cannot read property displayname of null

anyone know how to fix this error? i'm guessing it has to do with one of my plugins. it only happens when i click options from the main menu, but the options work fine while in-game.
i appreciate any help!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
explain more and provide a screenshot of the error, consol log and plugin database.

if you use yanfly plugin, make sure the order is corect.
if you use others as well, make sure those are also correctly placed.

do you use any notetags, common events, events, plugin command?
are those correct as well?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the most common cause for this error is to load an old and incompatible savefile after making changes in the plugin manager.

80% of all plugins require you to start a new game to play after they are installed or removed because some of their data needs to be stored into savefiles, and the type-errors are one of the possible errors if the plugin is missing that data or if it is there and the plugin goes missing.

If that is not the case, we'll need screenshots of your plugin manager and of the console output (F8) of that error.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fixed the issue! It was due to the options plugin i was using, so i moved over to yanfly's option plugin instead :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kalfax it would have been better to make just two screenshots of the plugin manager instead of that gif, especially because that gif turned unreadable while scrolling.
However the reason for this post is that your yanfly plugins are in completely the wrong order - you will get problems with them in your game unless you correct that order.
and be warned that most likely you'll never be able to deploy to mobile or web, only to full computers (PC, MacOS, Linux) because of the number of SRD plugins - some of them require nw.js to work, and that only gets added for full computers, not on web-based deployments.

kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yep no worries, i only plan on launching it on windows, mac and linux so thats fine :)
would you be able to let me know what yanfly order i should use?
upload_2019-7-18_11-7-59.pngheres the first part
upload_2019-7-18_11-8-20.pngand second part.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
would you be able to let me know what yanfly order i should use?
the required order, the only order that is guaranteed to be bug-free - and which is the order in which his plugins are listed on his website.
It even says "recommended to install in this order" at the top, it just has long past gone from recommendation to requirement.

kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, the website changed quite a lot though, so i haven't been able to find it yet.

kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
upload_2019-7-22_17-44-38.pngheres the error that happens now after changing around my plugins. (this happens when i playtest a battle in rpg maker mv.
upload_2019-7-22_17-45-47.pnghere are my plugins. upload_2019-7-22_17-46-20.pngdoes anyone know which plugin is interfering and how to fix it?

EDIT: I turned off the goldwindow plugin by SRD, it seems to have fixed the issue, but please let me know if anyone know where in the plugin list to put it to make it work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

sooo I'm making the music for my game and yeah... prepare for a very non typical rpg ost... I don't even know how to make typical sounding stuff. I can do D&B, hiphop, glitch, and whatnot all day tho lol.
It's interesting that the logic involved in skill range obstructions is also used for Tetris...
Saw a resource and was like "Oh, there was a request for that, I can help that person now!"... turns out, request was nearly two years ago. Welp.
My garbage collection service has the BEST hold music I've ever heard. Sometimes, I legitimately hope to be on hold for more than a few minutes just to hear the song to completion.
Streaming now, maybe it will work this time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlskaNoelle