Eviticous

Node Js Developer By Trade, FF14 Player By Heart
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So consider the following (two images). I decided to create a blank scene. NO OTHER EVENTS. Zero. None. Notta.

We have the character, two car parts and a parallel event, which you're looking at below:

42958-9978a70d5fa64cb68353750be6ceed0c.jpg

42959-29d1b409137944cf34c034564f403b70.jpg

So what are we doing here? Pretty basic. if switch is OFF, car is invisible. If switch is ON car is visible and moves.

So what happens?

The switch is off the car is invisible. Awesome. Yay. It works.
The switch is on the car is visible. Woot. Awesome. But ... The car doesn't move. At all. Ever.

Heres the interesting part. If, at the bottom of this else statement, I place a text window with any text, run the game, turn the switch on (f9, find the switch, turn it on, escape, escape.) The car moves, it becomes visible and it moves. The text window opens a million times but thats expected as its a parallel event.

So what gives? THERE IS NO PASSIBILITY ISSUES, as mentioned before the car moves in the direction intended WHEN there is some other event such as a text event at the bottom of the else statement. How ever if I place that text event at the top of the else statement only the front of the car moves. the back remains motionless.

Clearly I am failing here, so please enlighten me. I can create a video of the map if need be.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 9.16.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 9.16.55 AM.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 9.17.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 9.17.03 AM.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 1

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You need to post your entire event, including the page numbers, what it is set to, and so on. There's something in there that is off, and without that all we can do is guess. Please post the entire event, just just the text inside it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not certain why it moves sometimes and not others. However, it seems to me you are overcomplicating the event.

The first thing I would do - unless there is a very specific reason not to - is to make the car one piece. I'd put it in it's own character sheet and have it be one image, so you are only moving one event.

Then I would have a two page event. The first page, a blank image, no conditions, no commands. The second page, a condition of the switch you are using as a trigger to on. The image would be of the car. Put the move route commands there. It would be easier than trying to move two events at once, and you don't have to bother with the transparent stuff.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if that content is in a parallel process, then of course the car will never move.
Because nowhere you tell the parallel process to wait until the move is completed, and that means that every frame (sixty times per second) the move route will be reset. That results in only the first command ever being executed at all, and that is the opacy command, not a move.

You probably have some lag on the map, because if the map lags you might have a parallel process delayed - and that would allow to sometimes allow the second move route command to be executed before you delete the move route again and reset it.
(each event can have only one move route, if you repeat the set move route command, only the last set move route will be active - and your parallel process is constantly repeating the command)

EDIT: ninja'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Switch actor positions during battle
Download
01010.PNG
SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fturmine