Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble with Galenmereth's TDDP - PreloadManager plugin that leaves me with this error every time I try to load my game:Capture.PNG
I read through the thread and it seems like I'm missing two files called .PM index and TDDP_PM.index that should have been created when using the plugin for the first time. Doe's anyone know why it's not creating these files? Or if they can can you please send me a copy of them?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure no-one would be able to send you a copy of those files, because they would be tailored specifically to your project, so any version of the files that someone sends you would be wrong.

I can't think of any reason why they'd fail to create though, unless you accidentally deployed to your project folder (but I'm not sure why that would break it either). If it's anything like his mouse system cursor index, it should be automatically created whenever you launch the game as test.

I took a quick look at the source code on GitHub and I can't even see where it's loading the file. I'm sure it must be there somewhere, I just haven't been able to locate it. However, given a similar bug that existed in MouseSystemEx, I would hypothesize that replacing this function:

JavaScript:
    PreloadManager._projectPath = function() {
        var path = window.location.pathname.replace(/\/[^\/]*$/, "/");
        if (path.match(/^\/([A-Z]\:)/)) {
            path = path.slice(1);
        }
        return decodeURIComponent(path);
    };
with this:

JavaScript:
    PreloadManager._projectPath = function() {
        return "";
    };
may fix it.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Solar_Flare I changed the line and that seems to have worked? The files weren't created in my project, but now I can get into the game So thank you anyway for the help!

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, wait, the files still aren't being created?

Or rather... they're probably being created, but where?

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Solar_Flare I've looked but there isn't anything showing up in any of the project's folders.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm. That is a little worrying, if it's supposed to be creating a file but isn't putting it in any of the project's folders. Then again, I can't see anything in the code that suggests it's supposed to be creating a file, so maybe it's fine.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Solar_Flare Yeah it's weird but it's having some marginal effect on my game so I guess it's fine. Thank you so much for helping anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so amazed at this ABS plugin for MV. This is a plugin that can literally fulfill my biggest game dreams, creating an Ultima VII-like game. Below is a video of a quick scenario I created to test out the plugin. The music in the video is my own composition.

The MZ Steam discussion board is filled with so much whining. Glad I never have to go there, or to any Steam discussion board. Anyway, here's something awesome:
I've been meaning to create a better trailer for my game but it takes time, so for now all I got is the same old trailer with updated footage:

I spoke with hudell and many programmer about the Window_BattleLog class and we all just agreed to pretend this class just doesn't exists lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rock_1202