Having problems with optimized equipment.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, some of the heavier weapons and armor in my game give a penalty to AGI. I think this penalty is why, when choosing optimize, the weapons and armor are removed and not replaced with new weapons or armor of my type. Is there any way to fix this without removing the AGI penalty?

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So because it adds a debuff the optimize feature isn't seeing it as "better" so it wont automatically throw it in when you press optimize?

to be honest, I prefer to have more control over the armor and equipment, so having the optimize feature just seems like extra none essential stuff.

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, what @Skunk said. Optimize is very unessential, in my opinion. Honestly, I wish I knew how to get rid of the function entirely, because my game runs the same thing you're doing, with heavy weapons and armor reducing AGI and the heaviest armors also reducing ATK/MAT.

Honestly, if anyone else does know how to remove Optimize, that would fix both of our problems. I mean, come on, Optimize was in both MV and VX Ace, and I'm not sure about the other programs, but I have never seen it in any non-RM games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Managed to fix it myself by removing the penalty to MP that the armor also game. Found out that if the negatives total more than the positives, Optimize will ignore it. So having +4 DEF, -2 AGI is fine, but having +4 DEF and -4 or -6 AGI, Optimize ignores it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

palatkorn wrote on Kes's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah