orphen89

Experimenter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been having two problems with the current default Death state when applying it to skills. I've found some stuff around here but further results have further issues >_> ...sigh...

1) I feel like this should be simple, and sorry if it is, but I have one skill that attacks an enemy and there is a percent chance of instant death  (in the effects I've added the state death) , however, if the enemy still has remaining HP, the enemy does not die and it seems as if the state is removed. What are my options to this? I've looked into making another Death state where it collapses the enemy, but if it doesn't reach 0 HP then it still doesn't work. Sometimes if I fiddle around it "adds" the Death state, but the enemy is still there and targetable.

2) Slightly in a sense the same situation, I have a skill that is supposed to sacrifice the caster and heal the remaining party with the remaining hp. I've entered the battle formula "a.add_state(1); a.hp / 3" where 1 references the default Death state. This almost works, however the caster does not die for his HP still there, is still target-able by enemies and allies, and the item that remove the death state won't remove it like it is supposed to. (side note: I've been able to call a common event that kills the actor and so far work, but not sure if this is the right way to go about it?)

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show screenshots of your skills so we can see more clearly how you have them set up.

orphen89

Experimenter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
attached

file rma1 refers to problem one

file rmva2 refers to problem two however not sure if it's the right way to do it, seems to be working though...

rma1.jpg

rmva2.jpg

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......
party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!
Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VicArt