Having some issues with the VX Ace DS Resource pack tilesets.

PhoenixQuest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've been trying to combine some of the tilesets used in the DS resource pack, so that I can use them all on a single map. Problem is... this keeps happening...

fail.jpg

What am I doing wrong? I opened the images in Photoshop and used a grid and everything and yet... it isn't coming out right...
Can someone tell me what I need to do?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your grid is off. The tiles are 32 x 32 in ACE.

Zuzza

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The tilesets B, C, D, E are divided in half by the program, because the maximum display width is 256 pixels. One half appears at the top and the other half below. The other half of the bed should be lower. You can edit the graphics without leaving anything between the first 256 pixels and the second half. ;)

PhoenixQuest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay so your advice helped! Thanks! :)
...But I have another odd issue, related to the tileset...
overworldtiles.png

I want to add water to a town, but the edges of the grass in the town's water tileset doesn't match the grass of the town, so I wanted to try and copy the overworld tileset grass and water to see what would happen and... now I think I understand why the colors don't match but... why? Why is this happening? I've literally done nothing but copy the tiles from one tileset over to the other one in Photoshop. Why are the colors of this tileset so weird, and how can I fix it?

Zuzza

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't use photoshop myself, I use gimp, but I believe your problem has to do with the color mode. My bet is that you need to check if you are copying an image with RGB colors inside a project with indexed colors, for example.

PhoenixQuest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't use photoshop myself, I use gimp, but I believe your problem has to do with the color mode. My bet is that you need to check if you are copying an image with RGB colors inside a project with indexed colors, for example.
They're from the same resource pack though. Why would they be different?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why is this happening?
It's called color calibration, and it is automatic in Photoshop unless you know how to disable it.

each file/picture get it own color calibration setting, and copying between two files of different settings will change the color on the screen, because the color calibration will only happen on the display and is not part of the RGB data set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeymastermind