GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all - back in the day, I use to compose music for RPG Maker VX.
Now that I have MV, I wanted to get back into making custom music for my games.
However, while the old programs used MIDI files, MV uses OGG/M4A, and I have run into trouble converting my files.

When I listen to the converted version, it's a lot softer, and some instruments aren't even noticeable in the song.

Has anyone else run into this problem? How did you handle it?

Last edited by a moderator:

taistelusopuli

Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
What software do you use to compose the music? And then how do you do the conversion? Let's start there :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you misunderstood what MIDI-files are.

MIDI is NOT an audio format, it's a notation format. As such it contains absolutely no audio data, that data is created by the synthesizer program that is reading the MIDI notation data. And how it sounds will depend on the intruments you set to play in the synthesizer.

If you don't understand the difference between notation data and audio data - the following picture is a picture of a human-readable notation sheet, and you need a human synthesizer (musician) to play it. and the resulting audio/music will vary in quality depending on the quality of the syntesizer/musician and the instruments (wether electrical or classical) used: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notation_(Musik)#/media/File:Ricercare_a_6_from_The_Musical_Offering.jpg

That is why we need to know how you tried to play the MIDI into an audio.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found this program called MuseScore which lets me convert my midis to sheet music, and export them into the proper format.
Thanks to both of you for the help =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smileclown8