GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all - back in the day, I use to compose music for RPG Maker VX.
Now that I have MV, I wanted to get back into making custom music for my games.
However, while the old programs used MIDI files, MV uses OGG/M4A, and I have run into trouble converting my files.

When I listen to the converted version, it's a lot softer, and some instruments aren't even noticeable in the song.

Has anyone else run into this problem? How did you handle it?

Last edited by a moderator:

taistelusopuli

Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
What software do you use to compose the music? And then how do you do the conversion? Let's start there :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you misunderstood what MIDI-files are.

MIDI is NOT an audio format, it's a notation format. As such it contains absolutely no audio data, that data is created by the synthesizer program that is reading the MIDI notation data. And how it sounds will depend on the intruments you set to play in the synthesizer.

If you don't understand the difference between notation data and audio data - the following picture is a picture of a human-readable notation sheet, and you need a human synthesizer (musician) to play it. and the resulting audio/music will vary in quality depending on the quality of the syntesizer/musician and the instruments (wether electrical or classical) used: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notation_(Musik)#/media/File:Ricercare_a_6_from_The_Musical_Offering.jpg

That is why we need to know how you tried to play the MIDI into an audio.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found this program called MuseScore which lets me convert my midis to sheet music, and export them into the proper format.
Thanks to both of you for the help =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
Did you know that we use robotic spy animals to learn about how different species behave in the wild? We're only a step away from robotic spy humans, and then Terminator. :p
Not being able to do a commission/request after all and having to give back the money is so heartbreaking.

Sometimes I'm just way too eager to help people out and suddenly find myself in a very deep hole because I'm not gonna be able to finish it. I really hope I don't come across as unprofessional to these people and in general. =n="
Learning Action Sequences!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eillajones309