Having trouble creating a parameter and then modifying the value with a notetag

kuoushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I might just be missing something but here's the problem I've been having. I have added some stats to Game_BatterBase to keep track of some values for me. Normal enough.

Object.defineProperties(Game_BattlerBase.prototype, { hpgr: { writable: true, value: Compat.Param.HPGrowthRate }, hpgmin: { writable: true, value: Compat.Param.HPGrowthMax }, hpgmax: { writable: true, value: Compat.Param.HPGrowthMin } });The Compat.Param.* guys are just the defaults as defined in the plugin's parameters in RPG Maker MV setup by the user.

Now, that all seems to work fine and when I call something like actorObject.hpgr it'll return the variables I want. So far so good. The problem comes in when I try to modify those values through notetags.

I've decided to just make my plugin require the Yanfly Core since I'm not sure I want to release my spaghetti into the world, so I piggy-backed on his code when it gets all of the notetags and added in my own grab after his like this:

Compat.BE.DataManager_processCORENotetages3 = DataManager.processCORENotetags3;DataManager.processCORENotetags3 = function(group) { Compat.BE.DataManager_processCORENotetages3(group); for (var n = 1; n < group.length; n++) { var obj = group[n]; var notedata = obj.note.split(/[\r\n]+/); obj.hpgr = Compat.Param.HPGrowthRate; for (var i = 0; i < notedata.length; i++) { var line = notedata; if (line.match(/<(?:HPGR):[ ](\d+.?\d+?)>/i)) { obj.hpgr = parseFloat(RegExp.$1); if (obj.hpgr < 0) obj.hpgr = 0; } } }};Pretty wonky but right now I'm just trying to get the HPGR value alone and once I can get that one working I'll make it work a little bit more elegantly for grabbing a large amount of extra statistics. Anyway, this code actually works fine. The problem is, obj doesn't appear to be a Game_Actor (as I found out when I sent the obj to console_log(obj)).

Not sure what to do as everything appears to be functioning correctly, but it just refuses to save the newly created parameter's value from the notetag during processCORENotetags3.

I hope I've provided enough information to get help here. I know the code is pretty copy/pasta, which is also why this is so confusing. I had originally tried to write the notetag getter on my own but it didn't work so I tried doing what other people had done and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Game_BattlerBase.prototype.defineProperties = function() { hpgr: { writable: true, value: Compat.Param.HPGrowthRate }; hpgmin: { writable: true, value: Compat.Param.HPGrowthMax }; hpgmax: { writable: true, value: Compat.Param.HPGrowthMin }; });I think for the first peice of code I would use this. I don't have access to my code and console debug to help as I can't remember the syntax correctly.

kuoushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm not overriding the defineProperties function in Game_BattlerBase, I'm adding properties to it that I want to use so that doesn't seem to fix it.

What I have done, however, is start using the MVC for one. And for another I've kind of cheated by having a global (in the scope of my plugin) variable that can contain all of the meta data which I can then access later in my getter/setter functions. So far so good I'll report back with code for if anyone else runs into a similar problem once I've cleaned it all up.

Okay, so here's the code snippets to kind of replace what I was doing up there.

var extractMetadata = DataManager.extractMetadata; DataManager.extractMetadata = function(data) { extractMetadata.apply(this, arguments); if(data.classId) { // we only want actor notetags, only actors have a classId //set up our growth parameters with the actor's id in a global plugin variable // and give them default values from our user's parameters Compat.gParam[data.id] = Compat.gParam[data.id] || {}; Compat.gParam[data.id]["hpgr"] = Compat.Param.HPGrowthRate / 100; Compat.gParam[data.id]["hpgmax"] = Compat.Param.HPGrowthMax; Compat.gParam[data.id]["hpgmin"] = Compat.Param.HPGrowthMin; for(var a in data.meta) { // for every notetag on this actor, overwrite default values. var b = parseInt(data.meta[a]); if(a.toUpperCase() == "HPGR") { b /= 100; } Compat.gParam[data.id][a] = b; } } }; //Add the growth rates and min/max stats to BattlerBase: MVC.reader(Game_BattlerBase.prototype,'hpgr', function(){ return this._hpGrowthRate(); }); MVC.reader(Game_BattlerBase.prototype,'hpgmin', function(){ return Compat.gParam[this._actorId]["hpgmin"]; }); MVC.reader(Game_BattlerBase.prototype,'hpgmax', function(){ return Compat.gParam[this._actorId]["hpgmax"]; }); Game_BattlerBase.prototype._hpGrowthRate = function() { return Compat.gParam[this._actorId]["hpgr"]; }This still needs a lot of cleaning up, but it does allow me to say actor.hpgr and get the correct values that I want.

Just took some extra figuring out on my part. Thanks for reading if you did and thanks for trying to help Jeremy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibbicool