Having trouble with custom tilesets. (Solved!)

scorpiovaeden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there,

Using Rpgmaker MZ.

Looking for some help with Tilesets. I think I am misunderstanding how they work, so feel free to let me know what I am doing wrong.

I am currently trying to set up a custom tileset, the default design is a wagon, and I have added color edits to the tiles so that there are different color roofs. I set up the alt colors in B, D, and E. (This might be where I went wrong, not sure).

The problem I am having is that when I load up a save or even start a new file, the default colors/tiles show up in-game, the color edits are just not showing.

In the screenshots you can see my color edits live in the editor, you will see where I am putting in the edits, and how simply the default shows up in-game. Any thoughts on how I have this set up wrong?

Or perhaps suggestions of how to implement the type of custom tiles I would like to use? I really appreciate the help!

Attachments

• SMAPLE 1.png
    SMAPLE 1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • SAMPLE 2.png
    SAMPLE 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • SMAPLE 3.png
    SMAPLE 3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

coyotecraft

Mythographer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My guess is that you layered your color edits on top of the default roofs.
The default tile probably has a ⭐star priority setting. So it might be on a tile layer under the edits, but in-game they'll appear on top.

scorpiovaeden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My guess is that you layered your color edits on top of the default roofs.
The default tile probably has a ⭐star priority setting. So it might be on a tile layer under the edits, but in-game they'll appear on top.

Ok one issue figured out! The color edit itself works when I replace the default image and place it in the B slot (the star is in the corner).

The issue I am still having is how should I add my other colored roofs? When I add them in an additional image slot like D or E. They show up in the MZ editor but are just empty in-game where they should be. Tried different layers, but no difference.

Here are some updated screens...

The pink roof is the edit that is working that I replaced the default with. That one is working in-game. The black roofs are from the custom tileset I added and placed in the E slot. Unfortunately, as you can see from the screenshot, the black roofs are still not working.

Maybe I am adding the extra colored roofs to the wrong spot for them to work?

EDIT: By adding more to the original tile sheet, the extra roofs I put on that one now seem to work. I'm guessing that was where I was getting it mixed up.

All works now! Thank you.

Attachments

• SAMPLE 4.png
    SAMPLE 4.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • SAMPLE 5.png
    SAMPLE 5.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INKYLIKE