Having trouble with making Action Sequence for spells that hit all enemies.

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This problem has been with me a long while ago so I just leave the spells that is set to hit "All Enemies" without an action sequence. Occasionally I do experiment with ways to fix this problem but with the same result. Now these action sequence for "All Enemy" spells aren't intended to have any action sequences at the moment so I just decided to solely have them available to the Ultimate Abilities, which is my game's strongest spells. They're suppose to be flashy but like I said there's a problem with probably how I coded it.

So the main problem is that every time the user cast the spell after the cast animation and their cast motion the spell casts to hit every single enemy and right after that everything in the Target Action plays. What's even worse is that when the Target Action part plays the spell will individually hit each and every enemy, having the user do all the actions on repeat in each enemy, which is not my intention. As an example, there's my ability called Deadly Salvo where the character is suppose to do an attack motion with his pistol weapon before the Shoot All animation plays but what ended up happening is that the character instead commit the cast motion instead following with the animation (and then is followed by the character actually pulling out the pistol to shoot, the animation plays, takes effect on one foe, and repeat everything to ever single enemy).

Here's one of my group spells called Earthquake
<Setup Action>
display action
immotal: target, true
perform start
wait for movement
cast animation
wait for animation
action common event
</Setup Action>
<Target Action>
perform action
move user: forward, -80, 10
wait: 30
jump user: 200%, 10
move user: forward, 120, 10
motion thrust: user thrust, no weapon
wait for jump
action animation
shake screen: 3, 9, 30
wait for animation
action effect
death break
</Target Action>
<Finish Action>
immortal: targets, false
clear battle log
perform finish
wait for movement
</Finish Action>
It carries the same problem as Deadly Salvo but instead right now it's suppose to do the cast motion before the Target Action sequence. But still, after the cast motion the animation and effect to all enemies trigger first and then the Target Action sequence plays to hit each enemy in the field individually. Can someone guide me on how to fix this? Or at least a way to alter my intended spells?

One more thing:Despite having a 'shake screen' on the action sequence, the screen didn't shake even when it's during the Target Motion sequence.

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This problem has been with me a long while ago so I just leave the spells that is set to hit "All Enemies" without an action sequence. Occasionally I do experiment with ways to fix this problem but with the same result. Now these action sequence for "All Enemy" spells aren't intended to have any action sequences at the moment so I just decided to solely have them available to the Ultimate Abilities, which is my game's strongest spells. They're suppose to be flashy but like I said there's a problem with probably how I coded it.

So the main problem is that every time the user cast the spell after the cast animation and their cast motion the spell casts to hit every single enemy and right after that everything in the Target Action plays. What's even worse is that when the Target Action part plays the spell will individually hit each and every enemy, having the user do all the actions on repeat in each enemy, which is not my intention. As an example, there's my ability called Deadly Salvo where the character is suppose to do an attack motion with his pistol weapon before the Shoot All animation plays but what ended up happening is that the character instead commit the cast motion instead following with the animation (and then is followed by the character actually pulling out the pistol to shoot, the animation plays, takes effect on one foe, and repeat everything to ever single enemy).

Here's one of my group spells called Earthquake
<Setup Action>
display action
immotal: target, true
perform start
wait for movement
cast animation
wait for animation
action common event
</Setup Action>
<Target Action>
perform action
move user: forward, -80, 10
wait: 30
jump user: 200%, 10
move user: forward, 120, 10
motion thrust: user thrust, no weapon
wait for jump
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
death break
</Target Action>
<Finish Action>
immortal: targets, false
clear battle log
perform finish
wait for movement
</Finish Action>
It carries the same problem as Deadly Salvo but instead right now it's suppose to do the cast motion before the Target Action sequence. But still, after the cast motion the animation and effect to all enemies trigger first and then the Target Action sequence plays to hit each enemy in the field individually. Can someone guide me on how to fix this? Or at least a way to alter my intended spells?

One more thing:Despite having a 'shake screen' on the action sequence, the screen didn't shake even when it's during the Target Motion sequence.
If you want to make the spell hit all targets at once, change the Target Action to Whole Action instead.

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to make the spell hit all targets at once, change the Target Action to Whole Action instead.
I haven't tried that yet. So I just turn Target Action into a Whole Action? Do I just leave out the Target Action empty?

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tried that yet. So I just turn Target Action into a Whole Action? Do I just leave out the Target Action empty?
Turn it from Target to Whole Action, you don’t have to delete everything in between.

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK thanks. Though how can I make the shake screen? The screen refuses to shake back when I had it in Target Action while everything was still following the path.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
=============================================================================
SHAKE SCREEN: (power), (speed), (frames)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Causes the game screen to shake. Adjust the power from 0-9, speed from 0-9,
and the frames to alter the duration of the screen shaking. If those values
are omitted, they will default to 5 power, 5 speed, and 60 frames.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Usage Example: shake screen
shake screen: 9
=============================================================================

This is from action sequence 2 plugin. If the commands are not working, then you've probably got some issues with plugin versions not all being up to date, or maybe another non-Yanfly plugin working against it. It could be corrupted core files, or who knows what. The best way to check is with a new project with only the necessary plugins for SHAKE SCREEN to work (yanfly battle engine core and action sequences) to see if you can reproduce the problem in that fresh project.

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have my Yanfly plugin up to date and so far I am only using Yanfly plugins on my current project. I even copied the shake screen in the plugin info to test the shaking. Well to be fair I haven't tested the Whole Action fix yet so maybe the shaking will work once I have it tested.

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK so I finally tested the Whole Action and now the action sequence is exactly what I wanted it to be. But still the shake screen part doesn't work. I did some number tweaking, even having it just plain shake screen. Even checked if I have updated my Yanfly plugins or if I have other non-Yanfly plugins active that may interfere with the code. It still doesn't shake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilsonliz