Having two problems with skills/attacks and Im pretty sure it has to do with yanfly battle core.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by ConditionalSanity, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ConditionalSanity

ConditionalSanity Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really hope that I'm posting this in the right area...

1) When using magic attacks that hurt whole enemy party its still doing base game one enemy at a time and not synced like the video for battle core shows. Is it something simple that will make me face palm or something else?

2) When using a magic skill thats supposed to be single target it gives the option to hit all enemies. It doesnt force me to choose more than one but the option is there and I cant get it to go away so that players wont take advantage.

Screenshot (1).png

If I cant just get these things to stop messing around I can give copies to my play testers and move on. Everything non-combat related seems to work just like yanfly's help files suggest.

I even deployed project to see if it was just as a testing option but its still there in the deployed version

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2019
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please show us screenshots of the skill and of your plugin manager

3. ConditionalSanity

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    before I take more screen shots...

looking at this page I cant the screen shot I posted with the thread start. Is that on my end or can you not see it?

as for plug in manager everything and i mean everything is in the exact order that yanfly said to put it in on their site and all plug ins are up to date so no need for a picture there. Not wasting my time with that unless somebody has found a better order than yanfly said to on their page. Only other plug in is the one that lets me remove rpg maker engine icon on game start up.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2019
  4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I asked for the screenshots of the plugin manager for several reasons, not only for the plugin order.
    and how do you expect us to solve a skill issue if you don't show the skill itself in the database?

If you want help, you need to give us the screenshots we ask for - otherwise we simply can't help you.

5. ConditionalSanity

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can you see the screen shot i put in the original post? Its not showing up when I reload this page. If it doesnt show for you there is no point in taking more. Answer one question and we can continue. Im not the one being difficult.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The screenshot in your original post is not helpful at all, and is not what Andar asked for. He wants to see your plugin manager, and not just for the plugin order, as he's already said.

In addition to what Andar has requested, I would also like to see screenshots of the two skills that are not working properly.

7. ConditionalSanity

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) Omg face palm... the picture wasn't loading when I came back to this page. I asked a simple yes or no question on can you see the picture, not is it helpful. Glad you guys want to help but next time pay attention what I'm saying. I've dealt with morons in a combat zone. I know how to communicate clearly. If you cant read one line asking "can you see the picture" and answer yes or no I'm not the problem... I'm thankful that you want to help. I wasn't saying I wouldn't take more pictures. I was saying that if for some reason nobody could see the picture there wasn't a point in uploading more.

2) However I received a pm suggesting I remove battle core, save, close project, reload core, save, close, and retry. It works to solve problem 1 with the lack of sync. Problem two was suggested that if its only one skill miss firing delete it and remake it, all done.

3) Back to the picture not showing. He told me how to change google chrome settings and now I see the picture that I uploaded. So you guys probably should have said "yes we can see your picture, its a shame its not showing for you". Once again thankful somebody wanted to help yet still left wondering why the "can you see the picture" wasn't ever answered. Thread closed don't bother responding, it would be pointless to defend yourself as to why post number 4 "can you see the picture" wasn't answered with a yes or no. Forgive my rough infantry communication skills. I do care, I am glad you wanted to help.

8. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    r/justbootthings

In all seriousness, everyone here is a volunteer trying to do nothing but help you with your problem. No one owes you any assistance, so responding like you are is like shooting yourself in the foot.

1. Reloading battle engine core should have nothing to do with your issue, unless you somehow had the gametest loaded without the plugin being loaded, or it was in the wrong load order and deleting it and re-adding it loaded it into a workable (but still not correct at this point) order. In this case posting a screenshot of your load order would still have been (and will be) helpful, as your original problem may not be happening anymore, but if your plugins are still loaded out of order, something else will be broken.
    2. Deleting the skill that doesn't work and remaking it is a textbook case of something on the skill being wrong. This is another example of something that could've been quickly solved by a screenshot as requested.

9. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

ConditionalSanity, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've merged your posts together. If you wish to add sometthing after you posted, please use the 'Edit' button to do so.

10. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    wow.

Sometimes I regret trying to help people. Don't worry - I won't do it again.

I did assume "your picture isn't helpful" would be enough to indicate that I could see it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    ramza likes this.