HawkZombie's Twitchtastic Times with RPGMaker

Discussion in 'Maker Casual' started by HawkZombie, Mar 22, 2018.

1. HawkZombie

HawkZombie Lord of Shadow Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    Hello! I'm HawkZombie, a goofy, irreverent, and somewhat excitable Twitch Streamer. I've been streaming RPG Maker & Indie games for over a year, and I plan on going until I either croak, or Twitch does. In the past year, I've created an awesome Discord Community, a solid following on Twitch, and made tons of new friends. It's been an amazing journey, and I hope you can hop on to join the fun! I'm also something of a writer, and have three published novels, and some game writing credits.

I love RPG Maker and Indie games. Like...a lot. I've been a side-viewer to the happenings of RPG Maker programs since the early 2k days, and have always held a high respect and admiration for devs and designers. It was only recently that I really immersed myself into it all again, and I couldn't be happier I did. I love streaming this stuff!

Any game that I stream, I will do my best to play to completion. All streaming sessions will also be uploaded to Youtube within a few days. With the games I play on the stream, I will always be open and honest with my opinions, but I avoid being overtly negative or harsh. I tend to do voices for the games that lack voice acting, and those can range from wacky to serious.

GAME SUGGESTIONS! REVIEWS!
    I've been doing this for about a year now, and LOVE IT. I usually go out into the wild and pick the games I'll be playing, but if you know of one I SHOULD be playing, or one you feel deserves a video review, let me know! Either send me a direct PM through the forums, contact me on Discord (HawkZombie#3131), or use my (SUBMISSION FORM RETIRED. PLEASE PM ME).

I prefer games that are finished. While there are exceptions, I generally like to play games that are, aside from the occasional bug fix, pretty much done and in the can. I will sometimes play demos, but I require that they give at least 1-2 hours of playtime, and/or can be finished in a single night's stream.

I will only review fully finished/gold copies of games, nothing unfinished, nor demos.

CURRENT STREAMING SCHEDULE
    I stream chiefly RPG Maker and Indie games. However, being a variety streamer, I tend to play a LOT of stuff. The guaranteed times (usually) are Monday-Thursday at 8pm MST (-7 GMT).

For Past Streams, check out my YouTube Channel!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here as well!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    JtheDuelist, Starmage, Vexed and 6 others like this.
  2. Orgaya

Orgaya Veteran Veteran

Kilauea, Mt. Etna, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Loa, Mt. Merap
    First Language:
    English
    Hey! I would be appreciative if you played my game, Geiken. It's pretty long and is an open world, explorative/story driven ARPG, though, in case that isn't up your alley. Thanks!

HawkZombie likes this.
  3. Dyluck

Dyluck Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    HawkZombie likes this.
  4. Linky317

Linky317 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey there! Is it possible if you played my game "Radiant Arc". It's a bit similar to old school JRPGs like Final Fantasy 4.

HawkZombie likes this.
  5. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sure! I just need a link to it, or the Steam page link.

I've also added the other two games to my play queue, and will do them in order.

6. zephar123

zephar123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Overall was fun watching you the other night HawkZombie.

HawkZombie likes this.
  7. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks! I appreciate that.

Here's a highlight of how easy it is for me to get turned around:

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  8. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I will be streaming again tonight, folks! Gonna start around 9pm MDT, and we will continue our adventures in Ixias - Stellar Complex!

9. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    More streaming tonight, folks! Ixias - Stellar Complex at 8pm MDT

10. Casia

Casia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey, if you're accepting more games to play, would you like to try out Casia? It's a long open-world game and I love seeing other people's reactions on it and hearing honest feedback. :)

HawkZombie likes this.
  11. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sure! I'll add it to my list. It may be a bit of time before I get to it, but I promise I WILL play it ;P

Casia likes this.
  12. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    If able, I would like to submit my game to the list. It's called 'The Lost' and is an RPG that set's in the desert. It's got a nice 9 hours of play time and a different than normal story going on set in the desert. It's still a title being worked on but I already polished what I have and currently looking for more feedback.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jmzo60nb4qie9z6/AADu8pmoKIHD2_KH65pl44r0a?dl=0

13. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Everyone!

An update: I will no longer be playing Ixias - Stellar Complex in my stream. I honestly have hit a wall in the game, and grinding to what I feel is the proper level to deal with the current boss I am stuck on will not only cause me to backtrack about two hours of gameplay, but then spend several more grinding levels. Not exactly 'good fun' for streaming. It is kinda sad, as I think the game has good potential, and an interesting story. I will be letting the dev know of my concerns and issues.

I am thinking of finishing the game on a LP that I would just upload directly to Youtube. We'll see.

Next on the list to be played will be Geiken! I've already started it on a previous stream and will most likely start it up again on Monday the 2nd (However, it WILL be a late stream, as I don't get home from work until 10pm MDT).

Also, RPG Maker days (on my stream) will be Mondays. I will add more days as time/schedule allows, so for now look forward to seeing me play them then! I've also updated the Game List. I don't think I'll be adding anymore for the foreseeable future (as these will probably take me some time to complete).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Orgaya and Fernyfer775 like this.
  14. Orgaya

Orgaya Veteran Veteran

Kilauea, Mt. Etna, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Loa, Mt. Merap
    First Language:
    English
    Thanks for checking my game out. 10 pm MDT is midnight for me, so it's likely I'll miss the streams themselves. Will watch the VODs/YouTube videos, though.

15. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    UPDATE!

SimProse Studios has been kind enough to send me a demo of their upcoming game, Honor Cry: Aftermath. Since it is a short demo (about 20-30 minutes) I will be playing that and THEN getting into Geiken.

Also, tonight is an off night, so instead of starting at 8pm like planned, it will be 11pm. I apologize. Blame my work :p

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  16. RoooodWorks

RoooodWorks Devil King Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  17. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Streaming more Geiken tonight! I am pleasantly surprised by the story of this game.

Tell your friends! The fun starts at 8pm MDT.

Orgaya likes this.
  18. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So you play the games all the way through? Or at least try to? If so I might have a game for you in August or so to Let's Play, as I hope to *knock on wood* release sometime in July or August of this year.

19. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yep! I at least try to play them all the way through. Just let me know when your game is done and I'll be happy to add it to the list!

20. HawkZombie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Extra Saturday stream! Starting at 8pm MDT (a few minutes XD) and going until Whenever! Playing more Geiken, and maybe other games if people want :D