HD Character pseudo-Generator [v0.1]

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by BladeSides, Mar 8, 2018.

1. BladeSides

BladeSides The Kuudere Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So you've decided that you're going to use RPG Maker for your game. But turns out, the original sprite are too "MV", short, and lack too much details.

[​IMG] You need taller sprites, which show more of the character? Well, worry not! I present the HD Character (pseudo) Generator.

[​IMG]

This generator will generate idle, walk, and run sprites, along with several emotes for your character!

Terms of Usage:
    Credit: BladeSides, the current glass accessory is from Kadokawa's RPG Maker MV, Echo607 for sprite references
    Non-Commercial: Free to use
    Commercial: PM me for a commercial license (if you're a single guy or 2-3 guys working on a game, just send me a free copy or a picture of your dog, otherwise, 2$ depending on team size).
    Repost: Link to this thread
    Edits: Allowed, if posted, link them back to this thread. Furthermore, it will follow the license of the pseudo-Generator.
    Maker Required: RPG Maker MV

Failure to comply with the terms may result in the termination of license.

How to use the generator:
    The character sprites are in 58*112 resolution. Therefore, it is recommended to enable a grid of 58*58 while working on them.
    Use your favorite editing program (as long as it supports PSD) and just make the layers of your desired cloth visible.
    If you're using paint.net, here's a plugin to open PSD files: https://www.psdplugin.com/
    The layers which have a bracket after their name (example: Shoes_1 (1/2)) require you to make multiple layers visible in order to use them. That is, you need to enable both Shoes_1 (1/2) and Shoes_1 (2/2).

How to change the color of specific pieces:

[​IMG]

Adobe Photoshop:
    Hold down the ALT key and press the "eye" icon of the desired piece (so that only the desired piece is visible).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click on Hue and then play around with the values until you find the color you need (if the object is not getting colored, try pressing colorize on photoshop).

Select both the hue layer and the desired layer by holding down control, press right click, and then merge layers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paint.NET:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Select the desired layer and go to Adjustments>Hue/Saturation.
    Play around with the values until you find something desirable.

Note: Currently, there are no hair and only 1 part for each category. More parts will be added as I make them (or if the community offers them).

There will be no updates of this generator this month because I have my final examinations T_T. I'm gonna go back to my cave now ;-;

Download Link

P.S:
    Please tell me if you need any specific part, I will try my best to complete each and every request.
    P.S.S: If you need a video tutorial, just tell me and I'll make one after my exams.
    PM me for any questions ^-^.
    Bug Reports appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    JamesDean, Starmage, Zealraid and 2 others like this.
  2. Vincent Chu

Vincent Chu Writer and translator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds awesome! Thanks. Good luck on your exams! After your exams, please can you post about how to use it in GIMP for dummies?

3. BladeSides

BladeSides The Kuudere Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sure, I'll be putting that up along with the update ^^

Vincent Chu likes this.
  4. SleepyMachine

SleepyMachine Stressed, Half Dressed, and Horribly Depressed lol Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome! Looking forward to any updates this gets!