Heal dead and alive members

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Arctorius, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Arctorius

Arctorius Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, dumb question, is there a plugin that lets you heal both dead and alive members?

As far as I know the only one I could find had compatibility problems with Yanfly's. I've checked Yanfly's Target and Selection Core but there doesn't seem to be a notetag that let's you do that. I searched in the master plugin list with no results and looked through the forums and the only thread I found was a year old and closed, so hopefully now there's a solution.

2. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    There is. =) It's one of the Kadokawa plugins that came with your program. "DeadOrAliveItem".

You could also try doing a custom selection condition in Select Control. But my knowledge there is spotty at best.

3. Jules98

Jules98 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can do this with action sequences from Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. Using target typing, you can have a skill affect all allies including dead ones.

4. Arctorius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, but DeadorAliveItem was the plug-in that wasn't compatible with Yanfly's, I probably should have named it in my first post.
    And about the custom selection, I'm not good with javascript, so that could end disastrously.

5. Arctorius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, I'll give it a try! I've a question. Does it also work with items?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  6. Jules98

Jules98 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, it will work. After all, items are essentially the same as skills, just in item form.

7. Arctorius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't seem to get the hang of it, in the target typing section it says "You may notice that in some of the actions below will say 'refer to target typing'", but then it doesn't refer to any targets except in action effect. I'm not using sideview mode, so I don't know what changes in the engine's process.

I've tried variations of:
    <Target Action>
    action animation: all friends
    action effect: all friends
    </Target Action>

While it does show the animation it then proceeds to heal the user twice while the rest remains dead.
    If it's not much trouble, do you mind telling me what would you do/how did you do it? I'm more of a learner through example than through reading.

8. Jules98

Jules98 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It seems that 'action effect' doesn't really play nice when it's supposed to affect both dead and alive actors at once, so your best bet is to remove the dead state before applying the actions effect.
    I tested it out, and this is what worked for me:

Code:
    <Whole Action>
    remove state 1: dead friends
    action effect: all friends
    action animation: all friends
    </Whole Action>
    Note that it is a whole action. Setting it to target action would cause the effect to trigger for every individual target, thus resulting in the healing happening multiple times.

Arctorius likes this.
  9. Arctorius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for replying after I took my time to answer you!
    It seems it didn't work for me. When I use the move it makes the "hero collapse" sound in the middle of the reviving animation and remains the knocked out. I also have Himeworks' Custom Death State, and tried using objects to remove those death states, and happens the same. I turned the plug-in off to see if there was some sort of interference in removing the normal death state and the same happened: In the middle of the animation the death sfx sounds and the character isn't healed.

I tried thinker with it a little. I changed the scope of the spell in the "general configuration" so that it would target all dead allies and the reverse happened. It revived and fully healed the dead teammate, but it did nothing to the other teammates.

So we can comfirmthat remove state works as I removed the "remove Death" in the skill for some tests. So, adding in the action sequence a manual order to fully heal hp could do the trick? Remove state 1 wasn't in the notes so I don't know what other things the engine can do.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  10. Arctorius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In your notes did you use just <Whole Action> or did you added also the others <Action>s? Because in mine it isn't working.

11. Jules98

Jules98 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nope, I just used whole actions. This it what my database entry looks like in its entirity:
    Test6.JPG

12. Arctorius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I found the problem! Now I feel like a real idiot, I added the action sequence pack 1 and it finally worked. For a skill/item that only heals one dead/alive party member what should I put in the notetags?
    I tried this and didn't work
    Code:
    <Whole Action>
    remove state 1: target
    action effect: target
    action animation: target
    </Whole Action>
    Thanks anyway for your patience and dealing with my general newbieness.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018