ALHC7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!
I wonder if there's a way to heal with the same ability different amounts depending on the character.
In my game I want to make a cook system, combining food in a campfire,
The thing is some characters are vegetarian and some love meat, so if the player cook a steak to heal the party,
I want this object to be effective a bit more on the character who really like meat, and a bit less in the one who is vegetarian!

Blanxo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can make the food restore HP with a particular element, create an element for each type of food (Ex. meat element) and then give actors resistance or weakness to that element, it should work for heals too

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in my opinion i say try using a common event using if statements. where you use either class or elements indicating which are vegetarian and which are meat eaters providing a plus healing effect or minus healing effect depending which is what. this way you can use the common event on all items that you plan on making.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried to use HP heal in the damage formula and assign the element to it, then set the element rate for the actor?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My favorite thing about my magical girl Yuki is her ahoge can sense food, she's lazy and a crybaby and LOVES food
ahahahaha just some girls yunaandyuka.png
and some girls im working on
1624241110918.png
Not about my game project but i feels like to talk about it a bit. :kaohi:
moka.jpg

It's my コテキャ and maybe closest thing in english is a "avatar personality" i guess?
Her design also looks very similar to protagonist from my game because i'm so uninspiring :kaoslp:
Oh and my hobby is sleeping and drawing. :kaojoy:
Okay, so it seems I've found a major bug in VNM. Check my thread about variable buttons in the support forum for more info.
Man, this quick One Map game is causing unprecedented amounts of trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komradiv